Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft [Flaming Made Easy]

Well lately if you have noticed or not, (can careless) I have grown inactive and there are a couple of reasons why. Well first I don't like Ghoztcraft, why you ask? Because Ghoztcraft is your typical flame site every thread I have visited consisted in flame/whos more smarter/spam. Admins do nothing about this and well it used to be funny but as time progressess things get old.

Another reason is all the half decent members or members I like have left Ghoztcraft or grown inactive (Zar/Deadman/Protoman/Zhuiden). But that's not even half the problem what I can't stand about Ghoztcraft (which pink hair made me somewhat realize even though she/he is still an idiot) is the poor moderation. Yes you have 3 admins (that I know of) but none of them do anything but flame/spam/never post (once again far as I know of). So why bother keeping them as admin? Your moderation team makes "gamethreat" (new bwhacks.com) look like the best thing alive.

Now most likely I'm gonna get flammed. "Oh deaththekid your such a fucking idiot Ghoztcraft>all gtfo omgzors" ya ok I didn't ask whos better, actually I didn't ask ANYTHING I just made a statement to why I have grown inactive and how I recently felt about Ghoztcraft.

~Good day.

Where are the flames your looking at? I remember when our website used to be flame filled. This is nothing compared to back then, and to think about it, those flames created more activity than we have now.

I agree with you on most points.

Mainly because most of the people on this site are men in there 20s still going through puberty.

I haven't noticed flaming as much as I've noticed inactivity.

And I just registered yesterday so I can't agree with you for the rest

What flaming are you talking about? And if you haven't noticed, I post more than most of the members here. We do a lot of moderation work around here, you wouldn't notice it. I will show you the moderation logs in the admin panel if you wish, there's thousands of mod-actions preformed. It's not like every-time someone moderates something a notification get's sent to all the members!

We're a great community, everyone here is pretty cool. Perhaps the fact it seems so inactive, is because there isn't enough flaming and arguing or drama going on around here.

We also have a sizable topic in the staff forums; we're discussing doing some things to up some activity. If you didn't notice the discussion topic for the recreation of the Tournament, check that out as well.

So, I have to disagree with you, and I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't expect anyone here to flame you for this post either.

I agree with the point on the admins, the only active admin is XGhozt. Cripp,Poply and HG-Bounder-X never post. (Cripp posts more than Poply and Bounder but still)

As for flaming; links please?

There are not many topics that interest me, so I don't post much anymore >:o

I agree with everyone else on the flaming...I don't notice it so much except for a few random posts by Xthar that are mostly in the flame board.

About moderation, there's not much of it because the site isn't an Internet superpower with millions of users >:o

But meh, nobody should flame you because this is serious discussion :D

It's great that you decided to post about this stuff, not so great about not liking us D=

If you have any suggestions, please post them.

I think maybe he just had a bad day.. :ermm:

Find some active memeber :o

Everyone is obviously here, and active.. Feel free to post more topics.. :o

Well in my opinion I think we need new admins or an admin that can actually encourage users to post (in a positive way). You have mods who even announced they left GC yet you do not strip them of their position and try to find a decent replacement. But again in my opinion your current admins do not deserve admin I think someone like Ruler/Zar. And also bounder even said he was not planning on posting because he sees nothing interest to discuss about. Even though that's wrong he should post anyway because that's his duty as a staff member of Ghoztcraft, he has a point theres barely anything posted about recent titles on all systems and I think that logo needs to be updatted.

~Good day.

Well in my opinion I think we need new admins or an admin that can actually encourage users to post (in a positive way). You have mods who even announced they left GC yet you do not strip them of their position and try to find a decent replacement. But again in my opinion your current admins do not deserve admin I think someone like Ruler/Zar. And also bounder even said he was not planning on posting because he sees nothing interest to discuss about. Even though that's wrong he should post anyway because that's his duty as a staff member of Ghoztcraft, he has a point theres barely anything posted about recent titles on all systems and I think that logo needs to be updatted.

As oppose to us telling people not to post? There's never a time we don't encourage people to post topics. We periodically open the staff application page when we're ready to start getting new mods. Me and Poply are really the only real admins. MastricX is a background admin, he helps manage the server, etc.. And HG-Bounder is more of an icon who doesn't do anything - with that said, bounder has been saying that for two years.

He doesn't have a valid point unless you want to use him for your own points.

- His problem is that he's not interested in doing anything, ever, with anything.

----

It's impossible for me to keep track of 50 game genres on 3 consoles and the PC. You can't possibly expect me to manage this whole site and keep the news updated on my own. You're welcome to become a news manager and help out around here. We do the best we can, and frankly, we're doing pretty damn good. I post major gaming events in the news which directly effect the community here. Anything else I really depend on the community here to post things in the news. This is why we allow such posting in the first place and don't restrict those sections to mods only.

I've tried setting up imported RSS feeds, and everyone said we should disable them.

----

Update the logo?

Logo?

Well yeah while it IS a bit inactive, i'm sure they're trying to make it more active constantly.

And I agree with most the people here, I don't see much flaming going around. Could you show us?

More spam than flame. Anywho, people go to forums because of interest. Ghoztcraft doesn't really have a "name" by itself. People go to GameThreat because they want hacks that they can't get anywhere else. People go to Ghoztcraft because... Well, why? To stay informed about games? Hacks that other sites make? -.-?

I used to love Ghoztcraft back when I hacked Starcraft a shitload, but when you take my only interest in this site away I'm just left with a site that bores me.

Well, it's not just that. People are losing interest in Starcraft, and especially with hacking after warden. Members leave and go inactive all the time, i did for a long time as well. It's just that we're not getting a new set of active members coming in as quickly.

The best way to help make it more active is to post and make new topics yourself. People WILL reply in them.

Yeah but like we need something that like jiggie said, will give us a name. Kinda like our specialty.

It says we're a hacking site but we don't have hacks from GC, only other sites.

We don't have our 'thing' that attracts people. We just have the gaming news and stuff.