Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition Bonus

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition packs eye-opening bonus

The practice of making extravagant "Collector's Editions" of video games is as old as gaming itself, but it looks like Activision is about to kick it up a notch.

Night Vision Goggles

When the anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is released on November 10, its $150 Prestige Edition will include what's surely the most extravagant bundled bonus ever -- a fully-functioning pair of night-vision goggles.

An Activision community manager made the announcement in a Youtube video, where he unboxes and shows off the goggles, which carry the game's branding. The Prestige Edition also includes a head-shaped display stand for the goggles, an art book, and fancy limited-edition packaging.

Modern Warfare 2's night-vision specs will join a proud tradition of crazy video game pack-ins, including Halo 3's infamous cat helmet, The Sims 3's plumbob-shaped USB drive, and Fallout 3's oversized watch and bobble-head doll, which was featured in the game, too.

It'll retail at $150, and considering that even basic night vision goggles easily run over $100 on their own, it actually sounds like a pretty good deal. All the same, as far as we can determine, it's the most expensive retail video game bundle in history, discounting games that came with their own custom controllers.

So if you're keen to play Modern Warfare 2 (as the follow-up to easily the best game of '07, you should be) and you're keen to spy on your neighbors, you'd better get saving.

codgoggles_300.jpg

Source(s):http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-packs-eye-opening-bonus-costs-150/1334432

I am so getting that... just for the goggles xD

Im having my girlfriend buy me the game, fuck the nightvision goggles.

fuck the goggles???? :D send them to me xD

I might literally fuck them.... but I sure as hell won't send them to you lol

you guys never used or seen these before?

lol when my uncle was in the military I got to play with sorts of cool shit when I was like 8

Well my brother is in the military but hes into classified shit so i don't get to look or touch :) besides these i get to keep.... and its a set of decent night vision goggles for like 90$ (game is 60)

when exactly would you use these?

Night time paint ball games, spying on the neighbors, stalking ex girlfriends :P imagine the possibilities

NVGs are fun, when I had the field ops last year in October, I was running around at night with the things attached to my kevlar. Dodging trees in the forest is fun as fuck with the things. Plus these aren't serialized gear so I dun have to worry about getting into deep shit if I lose em ;) And omg Activision wants to time the release of this game with the Marine Corps Birthday which is November 10th. What a great birthday present :3 <3 Activision-Blizzard.

I wonder if you can even see across the room with them...

im pretty sure that since they actually work, you can see a good distance with them

I know mine makes the night sky look absolutely amazing T_T

ZOMG

wtf kind of name is that?

It's a name that denotes an epitome of the term, "oxymoron." I should take a picture of how the sky looks with my NVG's though :D

LOL nice!

What a lovely necro. This is pretty cool however, although I doubt that many people bought it.