Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ex-Marine fends off lion with chainsaw!

Ex-Marine fends off lion with chainsaw!

CODY, Wyoming - Wielding his chain saw as a weapon, a former U.S. Marine says he fought off a starving mountain lion that attacked him while he was camping with his wife and two toddlers in northwestern Wyoming.

Dustin Britton, a 32-year-old mechanic and ex-Marine, said he was alone cutting firewood about 100 feet from his campsite in the Shoshone National Forest when he saw the lion staring at him from some bushes.

Britton revved his 18-inch chain saw and tried to back away. But the 100-pound lion followed.

As the animal pounced, Britton raised his saw and met it head-on — a collision he said felt like a grown man running right into him.

"It batted me three or four times with its front paws and as quick as I hit it with that saw it just turned away," he said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

Britton later discovered he'd inflicted a gash on the lion's shoulder. He said he was surprised the damage wasn't worse.

"You would think if you hit an animal with a chain saw it would dig right in. I might as well have hit it with a hockey stick," he said.

The wounded animal retreated, leaving Britton with a only small puncture wound on his forearm.

The attack occurred Sunday evening. Wildlife agents shot and killed the lion Monday after it attacked a dog brought in to track the animal.

Authorities say the lion was in poor physical condition and appeared to be starving. The lion was 4 to 5 years old.

Mountain lions are considered reclusive by nature and officials said the circumstances of the attack were highly unusual. Wyoming officials have documented only eight cases of mountain lions acting aggressively toward humans over the last decade.

Source(s): http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31951883/

It pisses me off that they shot the lion, its obvious that since it was starving it just wanted food, they could have simply tranquilized it and put it in a zoo, but no they killed it. Assholes.

Edit: Sorry for the delayed approval. :sweat:

Agree with ruler. Coulda saved it, not killed.

yah but just the title made me say wtf?

Meh, now that I read the story it's not all that special anymore. It coulda been anyone besides a former Marine that just happened to have that chainsaw to defend themselves with when that lion attacked. But lucky him that he had that thing at that time eh? :)

Gears of War up in this mother fucker.

rofl i didn't even think of that.... pure genius!