Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft to Revamp Staff

Cripp may post a lot, but that's not what being an admin is about. Poply does a tun of help around here and most of it goes unnoticed, it's back end work. Cripp doesn't help me with any of that stuff without me asking him to. Cripp just feels more useful as a global moderator to me, the only difference between global and admin, is the name, and my expectations. He doesn't lose any actual power.

Didnt have any power to begin with. I found it kinda pointless to have 4 admins anyways. I dont know what you wanted from me or what i should do. Thus any power I had in the ACP i did not touch because I did not know what I was doing and didnt need to fuck up anything. I still think it is silly and dumb again to revamp the staff because every time we do you dont see them from months on end. I would post more but there only a few main stream posters.

Good example of lack of post and activity, Contest, the new Game hackers tournament. These should have gotten big pops and i understand people are on vacation and they work and yadyayda.

How am i suppose to help if i dont know what to help with? Its like a job if a job says go over there and watch that guy and do what he does. If the guy is doing things i cant see or just chewing bubble gum an picking his nose... What do you expect?

Lol Bounder's like the icon.

Wait don't admins get like access to the Admin CP when Globals don't? I dunno.

Well... My feedback:

I think you've laid out a fairly good revamp plan. But I do have several issues. Some not related to your plan exclusively, but staff in general. Position like Valve mod, WoW mod, SC mod, and GFX mod aren't detailed in what they're supposed to do. If a Valve mod is supposed to just moderate the Valve section, that's something that is unneeded since any of our current staff members are more than capable of moderating any section. But if a valve mod is supposed to contribute by adding content, then I think that should be elaborated.

I disagree with the quotas. I think we'll have similar effects as when we required people to make 5 posts in order to download.

I may give more feedback later.

I agree with poply to an extent you should explain the quota's and what exactly their going to do better, otherwise some people might not "fully" understand.

I agree too. It's kinda pointless to have mods for inactive threads.

Also, why so many download managers?

because half the time files are sitting for hours before they get approved...

because half the time files are sitting for hours before they get approved...

Well it used to be easier... but now we no longer get notified...

And to my knowledge it was never said when these changes were going to take place, so when will applications start being taken?? :(

Haha, someone's anxious to get started.

uhh was that necessary?

uhh was that necessary?

My comment was to show I supported XGhozt's proposal...

It didn't have to be executed like that but I did want to show him I supported him.

Well... My feedback:

I think you've laid out a fairly good revamp plan. But I do have several issues. Some not related to your plan exclusively, but staff in general. Position like Valve mod, WoW mod, SC mod, and GFX mod aren't detailed in what they're supposed to do. If a Valve mod is supposed to just moderate the Valve section, that's something that is unneeded since any of our current staff members are more than capable of moderating any section. But if a valve mod is supposed to contribute by adding content, then I think that should be elaborated.

I disagree with the quotas. I think we'll have similar effects as when we required people to make 5 posts in order to download.

I may give more feedback later.

Okay, I'll make a better effort to explain the position.

Also, I disagree with your disagreement regarding the quotas. In my opinion, those where new members / lazy people or just people in a rush to get to the downloads. In this case, they're the staff, and if that happens then we'll just demod em'.

Well it used to be easier... but now we no longer get notified...

Oh don't even go there, that was enabled and everyone bitched at me because their inbox filled up.

And to my knowledge it was never said when these changes were going to take place, so when will applications start being taken?? :(

Nope, it wasn't.

ill go ahead and just remove that whole post for you buddy...

Edit: That was to slasher

I kinda of liked that old system, I used to check out the downloads. :/ I don't care too much about it spamming me as long as people never spammed things into the download system. But the easiest way to see how inefficient this system is right now is to look at that most recent download I posted. Took all night for it to get approved. (At least all night for me) And people even saw it in there, but they couldn't see it for a long time since it took that long to get approved.

Look at all those available positions! Oh my gah!

I bet when SC2 comes out this site is going to get a lot more members.

I shall moderate the WoW section as much as i can. BUT i ask for 1 thing in return.

Purple Username, that is all.

I shall moderate the WoW section as much as i can. BUT i ask for 1 thing in return.

Purple Username, that is all.

I can do that, thanks for confirming.

And wasn't TheRing an extramod?

When did he retire?

And 2/4 Globals... does that mean two more people have chances at becoming a global?

When did he retire?

And 2/4 Globals... does that mean two more people have chances at becoming a global?

He's been messaging me, telling me he's been too busy.

And yes, in theory.

When did he retire?

He's been messaging me, telling me he's been too busy.

And yes, in theory.

Globals or Generals?

Ummm I don't remember. I guess it was generals.

I think some one should talk to monki about being AS mod...