Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Trying to open golem wars what do I need

I tried opening golem wars in my regular warcraft editor but it crashes it. Do I need something else to open it? I wanted to see the coding on how it was made.

This map was probably created with protection that will prevent you from opening it. As far as I know, some forms of protection require you to have the proper MPQ file to open the map. If you do not have this file, you're not able to open it up at all. I'm not sure if it's the only form of protection though, so there could be some other way. What it is, I do not know.

This map was probably created with protection that will prevent you from opening it. As far as I know, some forms of protection require you to have the proper MPQ file to open the map. If you do not have this file, you're not able to open it up at all. I'm not sure if it's the only form of protection though, so there could be some other way. What it is, I do not know.

I am aware of this but wouldn't it not even try to load it? Arena Nexus was protected and it just didn't even bother it just said the file was corrupt. Or do the different protections differ the way it reacts to the map.

Or do the different protections differ the way it reacts to the map.

Typically, yes.

Or do the different protections differ the way it reacts to the map.

Typically, yes.

ok, that makes sense. Bummer. I used to use mpq extractors, etc to edit diablo II lod. I was kind of hoping to load this map to see what the creator did. But I guess it's kind of impossible to tell which protection they used?

Well, you should somehow get an unprotector program, maybe they make those for Warcraft too. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to Wc...

WC3 Map Protection is simply the map editor leaving out parts of the map so that in order to open it again, you need those missing parts. If your the real author, you'll have those pieces. If not, then you obviously won't.

thanks guys :) I guess I'll just have to see if I can find an unprotected version of it.