Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft II Delayed into 2010

BioShock 2, Max Payne 3, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Singularity, and now StarCraft II? We’d say all that’s left for 2009 are tumbleweeds, but they’ll probably just delay those too. So, who’s responsible for what will surely go down as one of the darkest days in Korean history? That’d be Blizzard’s own Battle.net service.

"Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game," said Blizzard in a statement.

"The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service."

The game’s now scheduled to launch during the “first half” of 2010, which is basically where mom ‘n’ pop have decided to stash the rest of Christmas as well.

If there is a silver lining to all of this, though, it’s that Diablo III’s still chugging along on schedule. Even better, Blizzard’s Mike Morhaime noted that “it would be correct to conclude that you could expect two releases of Blizzard next year,” which we’re taking to mean StarCraft II and Diablo III. Guys, 2010 is going to be a fantastic year. Expensive, sure, but fantastic nonetheless.

Source: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/star...ii_delayed_2010

--

Well doesn't this just suck...

so they took out lan and they cant get their shit right for battlenet.... how gay....

TT_TT

Well I'm sure we can wait a few months. We should be used to it anyways.

I slammed my fist on my desk when i first read this, im so pissed

We should all stop looking forward to Starcraft 2. Blizzard is retarded, they're working on a new WoW, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and Warcraft the movie at the same time, All these titles probably wont be released until 2012 knowing Blizzard.

I've SO lost interest in this game.. I'm totally expecting to not even play it until 2011 anyway.

Luckily I never paid much attention. The removal of the Mothership back in the day was already a let-down for me, I stopped caring afterwards. Now, they remove LAN, so people would be forced to buy the game for a key to play with real life friends, and then they suck at making the new Battle.Net? Sheesh. Well at least we can enjoy the greatness of the good old working Battle.net with Wc3 and SC! Yaaay :)

No expectations, no dissapointment.

I expected delays like no fucking other (remember Starcraft Ghost?). I'm frankly not surprised about this.

But i'm still dissapointed.

Did anyone expect otherwise? Blizzard is notorious for delaying games.

Perfect, Blizzard is just helping me with my plans without even knowing it >:3

Hey shady boy, what's are your evil plans you're brewing?

It's something that'll blow your mind away :) Your a trustworthy person, IM me or something and we can discuss :)

Did anyone expect otherwise? Blizzard is notorious for delaying games.

I thought Blizzard was going to be good for once, I guess you can't change a evil brainwashing game company.

the reason it got delayed is because none of the units are balanced... the mother ship screwed up all of the other units its a dropship and a carrier put into 1 its so rigged that they had to make all the other units a little stronger so they could deal with a attack from a mothership