Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

BlizzCon Aftermath

*Please note: No one section has complete information on the entire subject. The purpose is to give you a general idea without having a four page post. If you are interested more into a specific subject click the link following the information in the quote tags.

I will also try to upload some photos of BlizzCon, or get a link to a good photo gallery from flickr or somewhere else, that isn't just pictures of fan's in their costumes.

Update:

Diablo III - New Trailer (Read More)

Starcraft II Galaxy Editor (Read More)

The Next Battle.Net (Read More)

BlizzCon 2009

StarCraft II Battle.net

What is the new Battle.net?

We are building the new Battle.net to be the premier online gaming destination. The new Battle.net experience is a full-featured online game service designed specifically around Blizzard Entertainment titles, and will include a complete set of around-the-game features including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more. Our vision is to create an environment where gamers can compete online, develop an online persona, and stay connected to friends and the rest of the community while enjoying our games. In doing this, the new Battle.net will deliver the ultimate social and competitive experience for Blizzard Entertainment gamers everywhere.

Continue Reading: http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/recaps/battlenet-panel.xml

-

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

An ancient evil lies dormant within Deephome, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane. Hidden away in a secluded sanctuary, the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing has waited, recovering from the wounds of his last battle against Azeroth and biding his time until he can reforge the world in molten fire. Soon, Deathwing the Destroyer will return to Azeroth, and his eruption from Deephome will sunder the world, leaving a festering wound across the continents. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation. Blizzard Entertainment's third expansion to World of Warcraft forever alters the face of Azeroth, as the destruction left in Deathwing's wake reshapes the land and reveals secrets long sealed away. Players will be able to re-experience familiar zones across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, areas rewrought by the cataclysm and filled with new opportunities for adventure. In an effort to survive the world-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races--worgen and goblins--will join the struggle between Alliance and Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll explore newly revealed zones, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world. No matter what the outcome, Azeroth will never be the same.
Continue Reading: http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/recaps/cataclysm-panel.xml

World of Warcraft Cataclysm: Class, Items And Professions

•Goblin: The goblin race, available to the Horde, will be able to choose from all classes except paladin and druid. Goblins also have some very interesting racial abilities, including a rocket belt that allows players to activate one of two rocket abilities every two minutes.

•The Worgen: The Worgen, our new Alliance race -- has both a true form and a human form. The true form is purely cosmetic, and provides no combat bonus. A player may remain in either form when out of combat, but are automatically placed in their true form upon entering combat.

•New Class/Race Combo's: We’ve also opened up additional class/race options for existing playable races. New Horde options include troll druid, undead hunter, orc mage, tauren paladin, tauren priest, and blood elf warrior. New Alliance options include human hunter, dwarf mage, night elf mage, gnome priest, and dwarf shaman.

•Items: In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, there are plans to streamline the statistics found on items. We want to remove all unnecessary stats, make all existing stats understandable, and make all "core" stats more appealing. Here are some examples of such plans. With a new legendary item, two-handed axe, available.

•Archaeology: Archaeology is the new secondary profession that will be joining the ranks of cooking, fishing, and first aid in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Archaeology allows the player to unlock new abilities and rewards by discovering ancient treasures throughout the world.

•Reforging: Reforging affords tailors, blacksmiths, leatherworkers, engineers, and jewelcrafters the opportunity to customize any player's gear, including their own. Specifically, they can reduce a single statistic on applicable items and convert the lost points into another stat not already on the item.

Continue Reading: http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/recaps/cl..._prof-panel.xml

Diablo III: Heroes and Monsters

•The Monk is a fast but fragile melee fighter, providing a contrast to the barbarian’s slower but harder-hitting melee presence in the game

•The combo system that encompasses many of the monk skills is what truly sets this class apart. Monk skills that use the combo system can be chained together in different orders to achieve different results.

•Monsters: The points made were that monsters work best in Diablo when kept simple, that their complexity shows best when it comes from combining different monster types in groups, that being able to identify monsters easily is key, and that the game should keep introducing new monsters to the player.

•More Monsters!: The process began with two new enemies seen for the first time in the BlizzCon demo, the snakeman and sandwasp, then moved on to everyone’s Diablo family favorite, the fallen. Three varieties of fallen were shown -- the rank-and-file fodder imp, the resurrection-happy shaman, and the crazy-cousin lunatic.

Continue Reading: http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/recaps/he...sters-panel.xml

Source: http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/

Thanks for posting that monki, now we just need someone to approve the topic I made ;[

I still dont understand how a warewolf can be on are side? But awesome post i should order blizzcon one year just to see if its really worth paying or just wait for the new stuff! Also with the wow series its not really following the story and destroying the orginal places. They should make another warcraft before another wow I always thought.

Why are Werewolves on the alliance? Wouldn't they be more Scourgeish?

Well, since they're humans turned.. and the humans can somehow retain consciousness.. I guess that's the connection?

okay I'm a little fucked up right now, but is it just me or can a few of your guy's posts not be read correctly (aka lrn2English) maybe im just a dumbfuck and cant read it right, right now but w/e ever i think its just you cant Enlglish it correctly !!!

btw I think the fucking upness of the old world is bullllllshitttt!!! I was waiting for flying in old world but fucking it up in order to allow it is bulllllshiitt!! I like old world over new expantion stuff. <^>