Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Purge messup

ok i read gojonnygo's post about purge but his didnt answer my question i have a index.html file and i used fireftp to change the index files and i put it in the www file and im using dreamweaver on dreamweaver i can see the html page easily the design and everything but nothing shows up when i switched the index.php's on purge anyone know why this might be?

Please explain yourself better and use correct grammar. No offense, but I actually can't understand a word you are saying.

sorry I was running out the door when I made that post ok.

-I have a Index.html file made on Dream Weaver that I can See Perfectly on Dream Weavers design tab.

-I use Fire ftp and tried to change the original purge index.html to mine.

-After i switched the original index.html file with mine i viewed my Site.

-The site appears to be empty just a big white screen.

Please Help. thank you

Huh? Are there any differences in the file names themselves? I think punctuation counts. The file should be index.html with a lowercase "i" Dx...

they are, I just overwrite the original with mine

Try to first delete the index.html on the website and then upload yours. Also, make sure you are using the correct index.html on your computer. Make sure it is spelled exactly "index.html" with a lowercase i.

It will read index.html before index.php, if an index.html file exists, it will use that one first.

well i put the downloaded template i have into it called index.html and deleted the original and its still a big white blank page

Then open a support ticket a purgehosting.com, you can get help there..