Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

win XP x64 help

okay guys, i have just updated my pc from XP SP3 to XP SP2 64x bit.

i can seem to get my USB keyboard and mouse to work at all...

Before it comes to the windows Professional x64 loading screen the mouse/keyboard

lights on and seem to work fine but once it gets to the login screen i cant do anything.

i am running the same system as this one...

l_1e0fa380dcc964250fbbccf11728b235.gif

please let me know if you can help...

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your drivers. However windows is supposed to install the drivers automatically. Since its both your Keyboard and your Mouse that are not working I would suggest you attempt to use a different mouse.... perhaps an older one (basically try one until you find one that works).

MOST Keyboards come with a driver disk.... I would suggest that after you get your mouse working you use the disk to install your keyboard drivers (assuming you have the disk) However if you don't have the disk I would try looking around online to find the driver you need.

If that doesn't work you could always take the hard drive out and put it in another computer and manually install the drivers you need.

Not that this helps but, my old vista computer used to do the same thing....

Unfortuently i see no reason why you should run Windows 64 bit, the only reason would be if you have more then 3GB of ram installed and wish to use all of it. The issues you'll have with drives and such in a 64 bit system easly overpower the benifits from going to 64 bit with your current system.

Not really. Now, most after market hardware comes with 64 bit drivers that can easily be installed.