Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ragnarok Online

Okay, so Ragnarok Oline is an MMORPG. I think it would be incredibly interesting for GC to host this game its servers, although i am not aware of how difficult this may be but please dont underestimate the game itself. It is truly a fantastic game, this is my input tell me what you guys think. Also please visit this page http://www.ragnarokonline.com/

Ragnarok Online (Korean: 라그나로크 온라인), often referred to as RO, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game or MMORPG created by GRAVITY Co., Ltd. based on the manhwa Ragnarok by Lee Myung-jin. It was first released in South Korea on 31 August 2001 for Microsoft Windows and has since been released in many other locales around the world. Much of the game's mythos is based on Norse mythology, but its style and settings have been influenced by a wide variety of international cultures. The game has spawned an animated series, Ragnarok the Animation, and a sequel game, Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World, is in development. Player characters interact in a 3D environment but are represented by 2D character sprites for front, back, side and diagonal facings.

From Wikepedia.

I used to play it too, i liked to kill the pink blob :o

Im not sure i'd play it again through.

Edited by Rangedunits

I used to play it too, i liked to kill the pink blob :o

Im not sure i'd play it again through.

Yeah but besides that, would you agree it would be fantastic if Ghoztcraft hosted this game for free to GC Members?? it truly is a really good idea...not only that but it would most likley bring the community together.

It would be awesome to have a GC private RO server, but this community doesn't really reach out to Ragnarok Online. I mean really, not that many people are affiliated with the game from Ghoztcraft, well at least from my experience and perspective.

This may be true, but perhaps having a private RO server would spark a new flame to this community. It could have a number of benifits, once a substantial amount of users get onto the game it would probably bring loads of traffic in. If im not mistaken thats what GC needs to survive? Not to mention this is a gaming site, why not have a server that doesnt compete with the international games like starcrafts server.

Id like to hear more opinions on the subject.

Is there a free legal way to setup a ragnarok online server, and where do we download the server files?

Well, I wouldn't play RO anymore because I stopped playing MMORPGs. RO however, was one that I actually enjoyed while I was playing. :o It truly would make people come by with definite advertising..

hmm might try it

Well, I wouldn't play RO anymore because I stopped playing MMORPGs. RO however, was one that I actually enjoyed while I was playing. :o It truly would make people come by with definite advertising..

I've never even played this game.. Someone else would have to moderate it or manage it or whatever.

yeah the problem would be who though

I've been a GM on 4 different private servers and my status in those servers were usually a Police GM/Support GM All four of those servers are unfortunately gone now. During my time as a GM I learned some basic scripting and I was able to set up my own little private server for me to test some codes. I'm a bit rusty with the game, but I would gladly help in any way.

So we have one person aswell as me who is willing to mod, i would rather Moderate the forum section rather than being a gm, however anything is suitable.

I definitely would help out.

But probably more of a Forum Mod over the section, since i don't even know how active i can be ingame with school.

Well, it seems there is already an amount of people who would contribute to this and be interested... TThis whole thing might go by smoothly.

Well, it seems there is already an amount of people who would contribute to this and be interested... TThis whole thing might go by smoothly.

Yeah, just tell me where to get the server files..

Haha i used to host my own like a few months ago had 20+ players

www.eathena.ws

long process my site was www.gloriousro.com I still own it of course, but i dont host the server anymore. I'd be willing to help you.

Well, I feel nostalgic about RO. Think I'm going to go play it now. xD

Well, I feel nostalgic about RO. Think I'm going to go play it now. xD

Agreed, im very exited to see this go down at GC!

Edited by g21_dxx

I haven't played in awhile i still have my account a lvl 91 High priest, 95 wiz, 82 sage, and other 70's

Sorry to break it to yeah, but I don't think its going to happen. Well, not from XGhozt at least. :/ But hey, if you want to start your own private server or one for Ghoztcraft, I'd gladly help.

Yuk rp, if you whould need some help setting up anything let me know.

i host vt servers and counter strike source servers, im sure i could throw this on a empty server.

I used to code/gm for a ragnarok server back in the day.

It would require a lot of man hours and at least one dedicated programmer to keep it running smoothly at all times.

Also, if anyone needs any editing tools (grf editors and such) send me a PM. I have everything you could possibly need.