Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Graphics

Graphics  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know how to use an image editor(Photoshop, gimp etc.) or want to learn and have the program available?

• Yes I do know how.
    • No, but I have or can get one and would like some tutorials to get me started.
    • No, I can't/don't want to get one and don't think I would learn.
  2. 2. Which competition would you participate in?

• Sig of the Week.
    • Large Art of the Fortnight
    • Photography competition
  3. 3. Rate yourself on skill level from 1-5 on Photoshop/Gimp, etc.

• 1-Beginner, learning from tutorials
    • 2-Know the basics, can follow basic terms and directions.
    • 3-All of the above and can also make a basic signature off of a tutorial.
    • 4-Can make a signature with more advanced effects, lighting and placement.
    • 5-Experienced enough to make a tutorial on a signature. Able to create advanced signatures of different styles.
  4. 4. If I started getting tutorials, would you use them?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. What kind of tutorials do you want to see?

• Pen tool, rendering.
    • Basic Photoshop/Gimp
    • Specific signatures
    • Effects(Lighting, C4Ds, blurs, etc.)
    • Other(Specify with a post.)
  6. 6. Which program do you use?

• Photoshop
    • Gimp
    • Paint Shop (Pro)
    • Other(Specify with a post.)

Okay so I'm thinking of restarting the competitions, but I'm not sure which. That's where this poll comes in.

Just answer the questions to the best of your ability.

I didn't add Graphics Battles because I need to see how many people we have in the Graphics community.

While I'm here, let me address a few things.

1) Competitions: Their prizes have been changed. The Hall of Fame will continue, but we're dropping the Ghoztpoints. Instead there will be a news post once a month and it will have the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for all competitions finished during that month. It will also display the first place winning image, and thumbnails of 2nd and 3rd. Lastly, each first place winner will get a small tag that states they won the competition for that month. There will be a different one for each competition.

2) SOTW: It is now required for voters to state who and why they voted for a person. I know Zar already said this in the voting threads, but I added it to the rules. Whoever does not will have their vote disregarded.

3) Battle Arena: We are starting "team battles". That means that if you and another person would like to go against another pair, you may. How this works will be explained later.

4) Photography Competition: I'm just adding a length. It will have the same length as the Large Art. Two weeks entry time and one week voting.

5) If there is a tie between two people, they will compete in a graphics battle. There, the winner will be decided.

Any disagreements/changes you want can be posted in this thread.

Tentative outline for a month:

We will have two SOTW's per month, one week entry period and one week voting period per SOTW.

We will have one Photography competition per month, two weeks entry period and one week voting period.

We will have one LAOTF per month, two weeks entry period and one week voting period.

I will post the News thread on the last day of that month with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each competition that finished during the month.

If there was a tie, and they didn't finish until the next month I will post it with the next months news thread.

Edited by Rdy2Killz

Added three new questions to the poll.

Added a "tentative outline" for every month.

So this is what'll happen.

Day 1-7, the SOTW topic 1 will be introduced, and you will have one week to complete it.

Day 8-14, the topic will be closed and voting for the SOTW 1 will begin. The Photography and Large art competitions will start this day.

Day 14/15, the voting topic for SOTW will close. And the second SOTW topic will be introduced.

Day 21, the Large Art. SOTW and Photography topics will close.

Day 22-29, the voting will begin for Large art SOTW, and Photography.

Day 30/31, the voting topics will close and the News Post will be made for the two SOTW and large art and photography.

There will be some times when we don't have a competition or two.

Comments? Complaints?

Edited by Rdy2Killz

I like your outline on the dates.

I may or may not participate in SOTW. However I will most likely participate in LAOTF. It all depends on the subject for that contest.

I'm going to post the first topic for all three an extra week early.

Are you telling me to use the edit button?

I didn't want to because if i did nobody would read the edit since it wouldn't pop up as a new post.

So this is what'll happen.

Day 1-7, the SOTW topic 1 will be introduced, and you will have one week to complete it.

Day 8-14, the topic will be closed and voting for the SOTW 1 will begin. The Photography and Large art competitions will start this day.

Day 14/15, the voting topic for SOTW will close. And the second SOTW topic will be introduced.

Day 21, the Large Art. SOTW and Photography topics will close.

Day 22-29, the voting will begin for Large art SOTW, and Photography.

Day 30/31, the voting topics will close and the News Post will be made for the two SOTW and large art and photography.

There will be some times when we don't have a competition or two.

Comments? Complaints?

Hey you know what I think, but you're the boss! That would be nice and organized. Great for people with OCD! :P

Protip: Don't use dates to start "weeks"

Use weeks to start weeks, that's what they're for.

Who cares if a contest starts in october and ends november, it's alot easier when it's

Starts sunday ends saturday type thing, rather than a different day each week.

I do better with LP's and I use several programs for everytthing I do....sorry, I do not make tutorials....