Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

I need a new RAM Card but...

Ok I know most of you in here are ULTRA-NERDS but I need help on buying a new RAM card. I have a ECS 945GCT-M2 Computer and it is currently running on DDR2 RAM card. I tried a Corsair 1GB RAM DDR2 card but it wasn't compatible. What RAM cards would be compatible for me?

First off, lol @ DDR2. I don't see why that card wouldn't be compatible since they're both DDR2 RAM cards. Generally you'd be stuck with DDR2 type cards.

Ok I know most of you in here are ULTRA-NERDS.

That comment was unnecessary. :tease:

--

As for your question, before I make any suggestions, I need the make and model of your computer as well as information on how much RAM you want to buy.

Edited by GhoztMan

Still awaiting reply on your system model and make, I could give you a more accurate suggestion thats more fine tuned to your computers needs with more info. Otherwise, be a cheap-ass and use LP's idea. :D

Still awaiting reply on your system model and make, I could give you a more accurate suggestion thats more fine tuned to your computers needs with more info. Otherwise, be a cheap-ass and use LP's idea. :D

He posted his motherboard model number dude.

not hard to google. :

I fail to see how you can get any more "fine tuned"

He posted the MB, it doesn't have great specs so obviously he's not looking for $100 gaming ram sticks.

Most ram in his performance range is under $25, with no difference in specs between the $11 and $25 cards.

I posted exactly what he needed.

It works.

It's inexpensive.

Enough said.

When I said "fine tuned" I was referring to a list, I was planning on creating a list of RAM cards that fit his make and model. Considering he might have and older computer, perhaps his MB was re-placed and didn't come with it. Certain RAM cards perform better depending on a computer's make and model. Your choice is cheap, and effective.. but if he wanted a some choice, I was offering a compiled list. I rest my case.

EDIT: Also, perhaps he was looking for a better RAM card to boost his computer up- in that case perhaps he was willing to spend some extra cash on a more refined card.

Edited by GhoztMan

I must say, that's got to be the cheapest piece of computer hardware I've seen in a long time. I don't look for computer parts often, and dear god, that thing's crappy XD

I must say, that's got to be the cheapest piece of computer hardware I've seen in a long time. I don't look for computer parts often, and dear god, that thing's crappy XD

Coming from the guy who recently acquired two plus grand worth of sexy computer parts. :3

Viper has a large amount extra income to spend. He used this income to buy the best of the best, and his standards have risen due to the sexiness of his new computer parts. This has happened to me before, I had a crappy old computer that ran at 1.3 GHz and was so chock full of crap downloads that it ran at a snail with broken legs (even though they don't have legs) pace. I then proceeded to buy a kickass new gaming rig that has 4.0 GHz and epic hardware. My standards for computers skyrocketed and the next time I saw a rig that was like my old one, I went "Pish Posh!" and spat in its general direction. I realize now what a monster I have become. XD

Considering he might have and older computer, perhaps his MB was re-placed and didn't come with it. Certain RAM cards perform better depending on a computer's make and model.

Logic fail.

Ram performs the same regardless of make/model.

This card would perform exactly the same if it was put into a beefed up rig that somehow supported this archaic technology.

He has a budget/OEM POS motherboard, therefore why would he spend more money on ram than his motherboard is worth?

I wasn't implying that it actually PHYSICALLY worked better with a different make and model, but in fact that with a make and model number I could check out which RAM cards are most used for that make in say, a electronic stores database.

Regardless of your comments, I am not here to argue about the significance of a make and model number, but instead to supply help if it is needed. Perhaps instead of continuing to argue about theoretical reasons he has for the said things, it would be much more productive if we simply waited for him to respond to the growing comments.

I will not comment further on this topic until he has done so. QFT that.

"Or something"? Could you expand on that please? ^_^

It's the speed of the ram..... The ram stick I posted will work for your computers.

As ram becomes more and more faster it raises the hertz it uses.

motherboards can only support a few different frequencies.

If you know ANYTHING about comupters, ram is easiest thing to mess up on next to CPU socket.

his motherboard specs

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Products/...D=1&LanID=0

Under Memory it says it needs 667 533 or 400

Chances are he got a ram stick that was not one of those frequencies.

The ram card I posted earlier is and will work for your computer.

I didn't know what he was asking/saying.. I know what hz is, and how sensitive RAM is to mess up.

@Trever If everything LP has said applies to you, then I suggest buying that cheap one, otherwise PM me.

I'd go with LP's suggestions. It looks like the Corsair RAM card you bought was too fast for your motherboard/CPU to keep up with XD

If you go to Kingston's website they have tool(s) on there that will help you assess what kind of RAM you need.

http://www.kingston.com/tools/default.asp

Should be that link, but if it is not, then search around on that website.

This should help you a lot though. ^_^

dw bout it anymore I got a new RAM card. thanks nerds.

I love how you disrespect the ones who help you. :o