Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft Hackers Tournament - Prep Time

I just want to apologize for the delay in getting the tournament matches scheduled. We're all working hard on getting things organized, but it's a complicated process. But we have made progress, and we're looking to get the first game done today, if not, then we will by next weekend.

So, so far, we've been able to preform a successful video/audio test with the game server. And everyone else knows their place in the process for each match. We'll be broadcasting and recording each game using ustream, and we'll also be uploading every game to youtube for later viewing.

We have just a few more tests to preform and then we're good to go.

Also, I just coded up a little portal page at ushack.net for easy viewing.

Test Match (and bloopers):

Behold, the beginning of Caleb's internet death XD

Lol. Funny stuff, if only you could easily read what we were typing. :D

Guest Guest

Meh I was going to watch all the games cause its neat with an announcer but his voice is annoying + has a minor lisp. Not to flame or anything lol

Maybe it's just me but that's like saying "I don't like them because they're retarded not flaming or anything" ....lol

Meh I was going to watch all the games cause its neat with an announcer but his voice is annoying + has a minor lisp. Not to flame or anything lol

He's in training, don't worry, I think we'll have him ready soon.

Just letting you all know, I'll be an announcer for the matches as well once they are all underway :D

And it's possible the lisp is the poor audio quality.

Have fun Viper! :D

Don't forget to announce the important stuff, not the little details.

I noticed his voice changed quite a bit from watching the stream, and directly on skype so...

And Viper was orange, and I was teal. The reason I made a pylon penis was because two night ago when we first tried to do this, Ghozt told me to jokingly and I said why not. :D

I hope the actual matches will have more interesting commentary.

This was pretty. . .boring. ^^;;

Maybe have something to talk about during boring parts.

I'm working on getting the chat room setup.

R2K has it right when he said

This was pretty. . .boring. ^^;;
Nothing was really happening. :P

Perhaps some music in the background? Not enough to disrupt the announcers voice, but some elevator music etc. ;)

Also, perhaps when there's a lull in game play there should be an "Intermission" in the video.

Looks good, but the quality was a bit iffy. :-/

Last but not lease; One word: Captions.

If the voice quality is going to be at that level, captions might be a good idea.

Edited by GhoztMan

Ugh. I was supposed to be the first participant, and I got the email and everything. Then the person backed off, then the servers fucked up, then they got fixed, then they said "Oh wait until after thanksgiving" and then it was and then nothing. T_T Please start it! :)

Edited by GhoztMan

Ugh. I was supposed to be the first participant, and I got the email and everything. Then the person backed off, then the servers fucked up, then they got fixed, then they said "Oh wait until after thanksgiving" and then it was and then nothing. T_T Please start it! :)

Nice play-by-play.

Nice play-by-play.

I'm not sure whether I should get angry or just laugh my ass off. :P

Okay one person spamming is enough;; lets not have two.

Anyways, we discussed the SCHT during the staff meeting, there will be announcements regarding the tournament in the near future.