Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

WoWGenesis - 3.2.2a Private WoW Server

468x60.gif

WoWGenesis is a new World of Warcraft private server project. Our main focus for our project is to add a social aspect that we have found to be lacking from retail, as well as from most private servers. Our secondary focuses are to keep game play as retail like, and balanced as possible, while adding our own systems to certain realms, to add in features we think would be enjoyable for our players.

While our server is starting out, we can already see that we are likely to have a sudden growth in population, and as such, we are planning to expand and build on our servers as our members increase.

To register for WoWGenesis, all you need to do is create a single account on the forum, which will also create a linked account to the server. We have also started working on a system to add additional accounts to be managed, so players will only need one account to control all aspects of their gaming on our server.

Connection Guide

I have created a connection guide, so that people can easily figure out how to connect to WoWGenesis.

http://wowgenesis.com/user-resources-guide...tion-guide.html

Below I have posted details on different features created, or currently planned for our server:

Realm: Genesis

Genesis is the main realm for our project, and as mentioned above, will be focused mainly on influencing the social aspect of World of Warcraft. We also plan on adding other features missing from other games, which we are hoping will make this a unique server. Below I will give some details into some of our ideas for the servers.

Genesis has 5x drop and experience rates.

Genesis System - The Genesis system is a unique point based raid system, where you are rewarded points based on your level, and the boss level of the mob you have killed. Points are used to redeem rewards from the vendor located in each of the main cities. Rewards will either give you a limited use item, permanent visual effects, and many other items.

--

Mercenary System - This is a unique feature to Genesis. We have created a system to allow you to control NPC's the same way you would control Hunter or Warlock pets, that will help you in tackling our realm. Level and stats are based upon your level when summoned, and there are currently four mercenaries to choose from: DPS, Healer, Mage and Tank, all of which have a unique play style, and abilities.

--

Marriage System - This is a system that will allow you to tie two characters together. Linked characters will receive bonuses while grouped, and while they're within a certain range. Also planned is a point system used for buying marriage specific items.

--

Class Specific Donation Gear - To effectively balance donation items, we have created a set for each character class. Each donation set is balanced to allow players to have only the edge that they would if they used regularly gear, and not overly power any specific class. We have also designed each set to look the best it can for that class, hopefully matching the majority of our user’s aesthetic tastes.

You can see what the sets look like below, or at this link: Forsaken's Albums.

--

Daily & Weekly Events - As I have noted, the major focus of our project is to increase social interactions between players on our server, and what better way to do so than constant events. Currently we have planned to run events from 9AM till 9PM, every three hours for a hour long block, everyday. We have also planned to run a weekly event at 7PM every Saturday, which will last two hours.

Because we are wanting to cater to our players needs and wants, we are requesting that people suggest events at this link: Daily & Weekly Events.

--

Linked Registration & Database - To keep things as simple as possible, we have been developing various tools that will work directly within the forum, so that players need only login once to manage all their data. We planned to have everything handled directly within the site.

Registration is quick and simple, as many will be use to signing up with a forum already, and can be done here: WoWGenesis Registration.

--

Many more features planned! - WoWGenesis has many more features planned, and we are always accepting suggestions from our users. Suggestions can be posted here: Site Suggestions and Server Suggestions.

Donor Sets

If you are interested in seeing the various donor sets, you can see them at this link: Forsaken's Albums.

Each donation set has been designed and balanced, so that they look good for their individual classes, as well as not overpowering any class more than any other. While there will still be an advantage for donors, it won't be too overwhelming for non-donors, hopefully to limit ganking.

Below I have included a teaser for some of the finished sets.

15t-donor-death-knight-appearance-overview.jpg 14t-donor-rogue-apperance-overview.gif 19t-donor-hunter-appearance-overview.jpg

WoWGenesis Launcher

To make life easier for our members, we have also had a launcher coded, which has an integrated chat client for our Sovereign server. This will enable WoWGenesis members to receive live support from our staff, as well as interact with members easily outside of the game. You can see images of the launcher here: WoWGenesis Launcher Album. I have also included a preview of the launcher below.

22-genesis-launcher-v2_thumb.png

We also have two other servers currently planned, and while they're still in the planning stages, we will be finishing them up as our site and server gains activity. I'll give you a general idea of the plan for these additional servers:

Realm: Elysian

Elysian is a RPPvP server with blizz rates, that will also have many of our custom systems from Genesis. Our main focus is still about retaining a social aspect that we have found retail and other servers to be missing, but also to promote the usage of personal character roles.

Players that maintain a character role, can enter site and server events, where we will be awarding them for originality, personality (How well they can maintain their character), and with how well it fits the server and server population. Players capable of creating an original, personable, and likable character role, will receive rewards in the form of Genesis Points or item prizes.

Realm: Gehenna

Gehenna is our take on a battleground server. Not much has been planned at the moment, as we are focusing on Genesis and Elysian, however it is likely that the Genesis System will be converted to be PvP based, and allow for players to buy items.

The main focus of this server is of course PvP, however, we will also be holding tournaments, as well as custom tailored events for this server.

Edited by XGhozt

Ghoztcraft is now an affiliate with this website and their game server(s).

My mistake, had you alerted me to this I would not have moved it from the news section to the private servers section...

Awesome, if I only played wow

Awesome, if I only played wow

Theres a guide with links to where you can download the installer, and patches.

We've been working on the server, and will be making changes to the site within the next few months.

Oh wow desu, thats amazing! A private server affiliated with Ghoztcraft... mm i can see it now, custom Guild headquarters floating in the sky with custom NPCS and ports for my sexy guild!

Higher drop rates, beautiful x4 speed rep burning.. (hopefully)

man i gota reinstall windows though since my pc keeps crashing because i dont have the right drivers installed for windows xp. (i fried my motherboard and had to replace it)

man now i wana play wow lol..