Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

I have a bunch of hardware for sale.

Okay everyone, here's the deal.

My dad is cleaning house and he let me go through the old/unused computer equipment at the office. He's moving to a new location and we don't need all this old computer stuff. But not all of it is really "old", and some of it is very expensive (or was at some point) - we're talking about computer equipment used by cooperation's housing servers and data network stuff. And some of it is just retired computer from companies who have upgraded to newer ones.

So, I will be making an ebay account soon, and getting and inventory of what I have access too. Thousands of dollars of equipment is sitting right next to me, and if I don't get rid of it within the next 3 weeks, it's going in the garbage!

There are gigs and gigs of ram here, mostly ddr and ddr2, and there are even a few 4 gig sticks (expensive).

Network hubs (worth at least $400 each, at new they were $2000).

Several KVM switches.

Too many cables for me to count, network, monitor, power cables, chargers, etc..

There's some laptop batteries here as well.

And a very old laptop! (P3 CPU, Windows ME - Great condition (nothing sticky in keyboard, etc..) )

Lot's of keyboards, those old ones with the big keys (never used) and some new HP keyboards (the ones that come with computers)

Some server racks (no servers), with network hub things.

CD players, dvd burners, sound cards, old video cards, lot's of hard drives (20GB to 120GB)

A few linksys routers.

A bunch of server hardware, CPU's, motherboards, etc..

And much much more, if anyone is interested in this stuff, please post dibs by replying to this thread here. I will have a more detailed list (and pictures) this Friday, so make sure you keep an eye on this thread. I'll be selling all of it very cheap, and you will have to pay for shipping.

Thanks, I hope you guys can help me put it all to use. Feel free to spread the word, if you know anyone else who might be interested. Once it's on ebay it's up for grabs though. :thumbsup:

Note that all of this hardware is as-is, and I while I'll check to make sure most of it works, I can't be 100% sure.

DDR PC2700

Let me know when you get the auctions up. I would love some of the ddr2 ram, and one of those newer keyboards.

Forgot to mention, there's also a hardware firewall. And some of those ps2 to usb converting things.. Oh, and a 3 pound scale for some reason..

server racks! i want pics :D

Got any power supplies?

Yes, around 20 or so, maybe more.

What wattage would you be interested in? I don't know that we have anything higher than 800.

what king of harddrives do you have?

Ghozt I need some of that DDR2 for my old PC. Have you started the auction?

I need a power cord that will fit a Compaq C500..... needs to be 65 watts or more

You haz?

what king of harddrives do you have?

A bunch of 30/40 gig drives, a few larger ones. Mostly IDE, a few SATA and a few SCUZZY. But we also have some sata converter pci cards (i think).

Ghozt I need some of that DDR2 for my old PC. Have you started the auction?

We have alot of DDR2 ram I believe. More DDR and no DDR3.

I will be getting a full inventory on Friday.

I need a power cord that will fit a Compaq C500..... needs to be 65 watts or more

You haz?

I don't think so, but I'll keep an eye out for some of those 3prong cords. Not sure how many laptop cables there are.

I need a new CD Drive...I FUBAR'd mine..would any of them happen to be CD-R/W? :)

Okay guys, I just got back from the office and I took home what I could. Unfortunately they threw out a bunch of stuff before I got there! I still managed to grab 5 bins of stuff.. But most of the cd drives and old power supplies are gone now.

I also managed to grab a xeon 3.4ghz processor! :)

Anyway, I've got pictures of everything, I'll have everything organized and I'll upload some pictures here. Then I need to go spend some time learning how to use ebay and I'll post all the links here (and on my twitter) as I post them on ebay.

I still have a BUNCH of ram, one power supply, and one really nice video card! A tun of cpu fans and internal fans, both server and desktop. Some laptop charges, and everything else I posted up there. My room is filled with boxs and bins right now, I'm really want to get this out of my room as soon as possible.

ISO:

400+ PSU for a socket am2 board

Server Hardware (pretty much everything here... including entire blades and systems)

100+ gig HD's (sata or ide)

The video card (only if its pci express )

uhm yeah other crap too i cant think i've stayed up all night

They threw out all the 30 gig drives (like 15 of them), and I may have a few other drives here, but I doubt they're over 50 gigs. The video card is a 256mb nvidea. And keep in mind everyone, that xeon processor only works if you have the other hardware for it, like the supporting motherboard, etc..

Pictures coming soon, I need to get this all organized.

What kind of video card (PCI wise) and how much memory does it have?

Yes, around 20 or so, maybe more.

What wattage would you be interested in? I don't know that we have anything higher than 800.

600 or 650 atleast.

Oh man that video card sounds nice. Fuck off Slasher.

Sorry I'm taking so long guys. I will get to this probably Wednesday or Thursday. Basically, I have an index of everything here in a list. I need to figured out how to use ebay and how I'm going to ship all this shit. On top of that I need to find out how much it's all worth to get a nice price up for this hardware.

So It's just a matter of me sitting down and really focusing on it.