Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New 360 Controller/Joystick

Saw from RSS Feed on FH and thought was pretty interesting.

Games: With Microsoft’s New Interface, You Are the Joystick:

What’s the future of videogame controllers? Microsoft is betting that it’s no controller at all. The company’s new Xbox 360 interface, codenamed Project Natal, uses a depth sensor, directional microphones, and a lo-res camera to read your gestures — grip an imaginary steering wheel, for instance, to control a car onscreen. The technology is bound to be a game-changer, so we asked three industry visionaries what kinds of games they’d design for it.

Source: http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/12/pl_g...Top+Stories+2))

That'd be weird.. don't know if I could get used to holding.. nothing. o.o

This would be absolute pwnage.

About to closest thing to my dream of Virtual Reality that will be invented in my lifetime :)

Yeah I don't know if i'd be able to do that.

I think the wii does the best with this virtual reality. You have to be able to feel it.

Wtf, you just now find out? Lol, I've known about this for a while now..since like..E3 08

This may be cool for some games, but there are just some games where I have to be holding a controller. Plain and simple. If they made a system where I had to do something like this ALL the time, It would irritate me.

thats pretty cool wonder if you could play music with it to

I saw this a while ago, Project Natal they call it, was kinda hard to believe seeing it as a youtube video and all. But apparently they have 2 small webcams and, it has face recognition and everything. I really don't know whether or not to believe it, but if it happens I think that would be amazing. Would definitely take a shitload of calibration.

~lilneo