Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Headphone jack size.

Does anybody know a way to figure out whether my jack size is 3.5 mm or 2.5? I've googled it but no website mentions it.

I have headphones plugged in right now, but I don't know whether they're 2.5 or 3.5. . .

They fit into my iPod Nano 1st generation; if that helps.

I believe it is 3.5 I think the 2.5 one is the really small one.

• Headphone and earphone jacks on a wide range of equipment. 1/4″ plugs are common on home and professional component equipment, while 3.5 mm plugs are nearly universal for portable audio equipment. 2.5 mm plugs are not as common, but are used on communication equipment such as cordless phones, mobile phones, and two-way radios.
  • Consumer electronics devices such as digital cameras, camcorders, and portable DVD players use 3.5 mm connectors for composite video and audio output. Typically, a TRS connection is used for mono audio plus video, and a TRRS connection for stereo audio plus video. Cables designed for this use are often terminated with RCA connectors on the other end.
  • Microphone inputs on tape and cassette recorders, sometimes with remote control switching on the ring.
  • Patching points (insert points) on a wide range of equipment.
  • Personal computers, sometimes using a sound card plugged into the computer. Stereo 3.5 mm jacks are used for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I'm gonna hope it's 3.5 and buy the headset. x)

If it's an ipod, it's 3.5 mm.

Dude if you have an ipod nano 1st generation you should go install Rockbox on your nano and be able to play VIDEOS on it.

Or just get a better nano. If I had a 1st gen nano I would already be out of space. :D