Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Happy New Year Everyone!

Man What a Crazy Decade that was...wasn't it? Let's just hope that the next Decade treats us all much better.

What was everyones most memorable world event, invention, or debut during the last 10 years?

I hope that everyone has a fun, happy, and safe New Year!

^_^

yippie I survived

I survived as well ^_^

I would say the thing I find most remarkable is having seen the World Trade Center attacks back in 2001, and vowing to do something about it. And then finally ending up in Iraq in 2009. If 9/11 hadn't happened, the world as we know it would certainly be far different from what it is today.

Yeah 9-11 really brought a downer to the whole Decade. I will never forget waking up that day early one morning when I was still living on the West Coast turning on the TV and watching the 2nd plane hit the tower. The anger, sadness, and utter disbelief that I felt will probably never be matched for the rest of my life.

As far as other releases I think that the Ipod's introduction in 01 was a pretty big moment considering how many Ipods/mediaplayers/MP3's that are out nowadays. Crazy that they are already that old.

You know; when the twin towers hit, I remember being in elementary school. They closed our school, located in Queens because everybody was going home anyways.

I didn't know much about it. I thought it was a holiday. >.>

I don't know anything too memorable, considering I was too young for the iPod and WTC.

Michael Jackson's death?

Oh yes, very good point. MJ's death was a very big event for me.

Growing up during the 80's and 90's and all during MJ's height of popularity there was no one bigger, or cooler than him. No matter what you thought of him as a person, his mark on the music industry and the world is matched by very few. RIP MJ

Here is a playlist of a retrospective of Howard Sterns Broadcast on 9-11. His anger and confusion is what we were all feeling. I remember tuning into him and hearing things in his voice that I felt, and That I have never heard from him before. It is very compelling Radio/Tv listening to all of their memories of the event.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UrbanTenant#gr...C51D7D9B9A33C22

Happy fuckin' New Year!

The greatest event in this decade for me was growing up. Oh snap. ^_^ The other stuff don't really matter to me, luckily. What about the depression and the banks falling apart?

Anyways, happy new year to everyone! :D

Yeah people happy New Year!

I brought in the New Year at a friends house coming into the new decade by trying to figure out how to work his damn toaster oven to reheat some Papa Murphey's pizza.

Well I am glad that everyone had a nice Safe New Years!

anyone do something worth mentioning

Moved to news, Happy New Year people. I went snowboarding this year for new years.

Where at?

I was at a party getting wrecked didn't get home till after 5am lol

Sierra Tahoe. :)

So no one else has thoughts about the decade that just ended?

anyone do something worth mentioning

I was having sex with my girlfriend in my truck from 11 till 1.... is that worth mentioning?

OHHH and before that we went to this arcade place and i got owned by my girl at every single game we played........ :ermm: and we got these really cool magnits that when you throw them up in the air they make noise....... its weird... but cool.... oh and we broke my 400$ ring.....

2000 - 2009 SUCKED DICK

Bring on 2010 - 2019

we got these really cool magnits that when you throw them up in the air they make noise....... its weird... but cool....

Haha I know those things. ...Really annoying. :)

I have no idea what you are talking about lol