Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Cd Drive

My Cd Drive Is being stubborn I put my cd in and it starts to spin but in like 2 seconds it will click and then stop and it keeps trying to start but it never actually starts you never hear it spinning. it tries starting to spin like 3 or 4 times but never starts to actually and im trying to install a webcam but i cant without the cd spinning...

You can always Google the webcam model you are trying to install drivers for and download them. Then you can focus on getting your drive to work after it's installed ;)

yeah i did that but i just realized my webcam is really blurry for some reason...

It shouldn't be the drivers that are making it blurry.... it should either be the resolution your seeing (aka) your webcam isn't good with larger resolutions.... OR you recieved a defective cam or it broke some how...

As for your CD Drive what OS are you using?

If your using vista I've heard about something you can do in the registry to make it work again.... Unfortunate the fix is only temporary....

The best fix is to just buy a new CD-DVD drive... I got my new drive from: NewEgg.com

Any software that needs to be installed for the cam to work is probably just drivers. Plug the thing in and let it install itself automatically. Any of the proprietary software can probably be DL'ed or you can just download manycam or some other free program.

As far as your CD drive goes, it sounds like it is dead. You probably have to purchase a new one.

Ok The Cd Drive is the problem im guessing because ive tried putting in many other cds into my Cd Drive and it always does the same thing it acts like it wants to start but it never follows through and actually does

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

This problem is caused by two Windows registry entries that have become corrupted. To fix the problem, you have to use Registry Editor to delete the corrupted Registry entries. To use this method, you must be logged on to Windows as an administrator. If you need help verifying that you are an administrator, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/admin

Back to the top

Microsoft Windows Vista

Click Start, and then click All Programs.

Click Accessories, and then click Run.

Type regedit, and then click OK. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry.

On the Edit menu, click Delete.

When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further.

Exit Registry Editor.

Restart the computer.

Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.

Back to the top

Microsoft Windows XP

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlClass{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry.

In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further.

Exit Registry Editor.

Restart the computer.