Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ipod touch problem

I know this is probably the wrong forum to be asking this on but maybe someone can help me MAYBE. So i got a ipod touch and idk what has happened to it but for some reason i cant play music i mean everytime i press the play icon it does not play it says it does and goes right back to the play icon from the pause icon.

After I post this im going to move this to the right section.

As for your problem. Have you recently updated your Itouch? If not try updating it.... another thing you can try doing (i know this will sound weird, but it actually worked for my ipod when it was fucking up.) Run the battery completely dead.... (so it won't turn on when you hold the power button) and leave it for about 10 minutes then start it back up...

Is it for all songs or for just one?

Edit: Moved to this section (Mainly for the tech support part :) )

All songs AND videos it will not play ANY media.

You didn't answer my questions. Did you update your itouch before it started acting up? do you recall what you did right before it started doing this?

The more details the better.

Restore your iPod, then discharge and recharge the battery and resync your media.

Also, try getting the latest firmware if you do not already.

Note: The battery discharge/recharge isn't completely necessary, but i can't hurt any.

Monki... I was trying to save him 5 hours of re-syncing xD

Definitely kill the battery. It will clear the cache in the system maybe even fixing your problem. Its just like re-setting your router. You never know if it will work but when it does... you will be glad you did.

Also... the problem could be with the latest firmware Monki rofl

You don't need to run the battery dead just remove it for 30 secs and that will clear the cache.

Oh yeah and UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! Also it wouldn't hurt to run a virus scan either.

I don't think ipod touches can get viruses

(if im not mistaken you cant take the battery out....)

I don't think ipod touches can get viruses

(if im not mistaken you cant take the battery out....)

Yeah they can. :)

And you can take the battery out, it will just most likely ruin the iPod Touch.

Well... that I did not know....

Haha yea... but taking the outside shell off is a pain in the butt..... I took the shell of my nano and it ended up ruining it do to the fact that my lock button wouldn't stay in place xD

ok do the following. first reboot your itouch. then if it is an itouch 1st or 2nd gen i can help if not then ask someone else. if it is the itouch model i mentioned google blackra1n and download it. jailbreak your itouch with it and then install cydia. from cydia install dtunes and then ssh a song onto ur download dir. open dtunes and play that song. tell me the result of this.

If I were to open the Ipod touch my warranty would be Void. And well none of your advice helped it actually crashed on me and never turned back on so OH NO this sounds like a job for................................................. APPLE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get_to_tha_Choppa_by_linkzone.jpg

Ahhh shit man..... im sorry.... who's advice were you following when it happened?

Yours, Update run battery dead but it's cool. Ill use my warranty and send it back to the store least it didnt get wet :)

Be sure that if you jailbroke your iPod Touch to restore it and remove the jailbreak or else they won't fix it for you, but you probably already know this if you did.