Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft II Closed Beta - This Month

*stares at his InBox* =) my laptop meets those specs :o woot woot....

Well.... I haven't gotten an email =(((((( /cry

Minimum PC Requirements.

PC Minimum Requirements:

• Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1/Windows 7

• 2.2 Ghz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor

• 1 GB system RAM/1.5 GB for Vista and Windows 7

• 128 MB NVidia GeForce 6600 GT/ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card

• 1024x768 minimum display resolution

• 4 GB free hard space (Beta)

• Broadband connection

*Opens up starcraft I*. Gg

I meet the specs, but I didn't apply. I'm sure I'll get my hands on it somehow. :o I'm just glad they're at least making some progress.

I think anyone that was going to get an invite for this "beta round" would of gotten one by now. While reading the beta info on starcraft2.com they said they would have different "beta rounds" One is probably for basic minimum or something. Another will be for laptops, another for higher end desktops, etc. So you just gotta wait till they want to look at what category you would fall under.

Hmmm would anyone know if my video card is good enough, if it is I will probably have to play the game in the lowest setting :(. Before you say anything about it... I KNOW MY VIDEO CARD IS OLD AND I KNOW ITS SHIT. I guess my other computer's specs makes up for the shitty graphics it hasn't bothered me, but now it is.

Card name: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: EnumPCIVEN_8086&DEV_2772&SUBSYS_26331019&REV_02

Display Memory: 128.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: igxprd32.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4926 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

thank god I can run it :(

Hmmm would anyone know if my video card is good enough, if it is I will probably have to play the game in the lowest setting :(. Before you say anything about it... I KNOW MY VIDEO CARD IS OLD AND I KNOW ITS SHIT. I guess my other computer's specs makes up for the shitty graphics it hasn't bothered me, but now it is.

Your graphics carad should run it, just don't try on the highest video setting SC II has or else it won't end well.

Not too sure about this part...

Yeah, I can pretty much play any game on my computer but if they require graphics they have to be low. Strategy games run smoother than other games so maybe I can try put it on medium settings.

If I were you.... I would upgrade my graphics card to a 256 or a 512 to ensure that I would be able to play it.

Lets face the facts guys... minimum requirements are BS... I've had a 256 mb graphics card lag on a 64 mb graphics card game (this is after updating drivers etc.) In my opinion I think you should at least have a 256 in your computer.... if its a laptop your shit out of luck :(

But again... just my thoughts >.>

A cracked server should be out by the end of the week hopefully.. :(

Blizzard will most likely issue a DMCA takedown and then withdraw (hopefully) public beta testing.

One is probably for basic minimum or something. Another will be for laptops, another for higher end desktops, etc.

Nope, it's random. If they did do what you said, how would they determine problems (if any) between games with 1 person with a low end computer and 1 with a high end computer, it's not always an internet problem

Not too sure about this part...

256MB, I believe, is the minimum. I could ask but I won't.

It's a shame the beta's public now.

Edited by veeber

If you guys want the client itself, I can give you a safe link. However you would need the beta key itself in order to actually play.. Then again the opening screen is so amazingly beautiful and that big-ass BC flying across the planet is sooo kickass. I dled it just to see that, even though I don't have a beta key yet. :(

I'm sure someone will crack it eventually..

Edit: Oh, well lookie what I found. :biggrin: I guess someone already cracked it.

I'm sure someone will crack it eventually..

Edit: Oh, well lookie what I found. :biggrin: I guess someone already cracked it.

If you're saying you have a working cracked playable version I call bullshit, but I would gladly like you to prove me wrong with a post in the SVIP section. :(

Edit: I...see what you're talking about, however I'm unsure whether or not to do it considering it would be under my actual "battle.net account" ...Don't really want that to get some kind of ban hammer.

From the information I've gathered, people are starting to crack it so anyone without a beta key can play? I would like to see (play) this if it's true.

I was able to install the game and play replays and view the whole menu. I can interact with the replay as expected, but I still can't play the actual game. I will post this with instructions in the VIP section ASAP.

:(

Watching the replays with the graphics all the way up is really cool. You want watch replays through the eyes of the player as they move the screen around and hear all the sounds as if you're playing the game.

So if you want to get an idea of how the game will run on your computer and check out the gameplay then it's worth the download.

I love Ghoztcraft <3

Google is your friend. ;)

I found the beta and instructions how to load replays on it when it was released to the public just by googling it. XD I still can't get over that bigass BC. It's so amazing. Replays make you feel as if you actually own it. :P

I am posting it in VIP, just waiting for it to finish uploading.

My friends and I at DarkBlizz are currently working on an emulating b.net verification process for functioning maplist for gamelaunch vs AI. We don't know when it will be done but we have high hopes. As of right now we could use all the help we can get. If you have any ideas please send them in at darkblizz.org. Who knows maybe your idea will be the one that works!

Join us on IRC if you plan on contributing to the cracking process

• irc.rizon.net #sc2c NOTE: It may be locked and invite only at certain times.
  • irc.synirc.net #sc2

If you do not have any programming knowledge please leave the channel free for people who do need to communicate with other fellow programmers trying to break the Blizzard code.

If you are not a programmer and are interested in keeping track of the channel please use the following links.

http://00.dy.fi/sc2c.php - Live Channel Stream