Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft II Closed Beta - This Month

So if you want to get an idea of how the game will run on your computer and check out the gameplay then it's worth the download.

Downloading now XD

Base off of the replays and how they run I'm going to give a rundown on how the game plays for me, as I was actually kinda surprised to see that my laptop does have a little bit of trouble running it....not everything can be on Ultra, however I think I found the best setup to get the best graphics by sacrificing things that either don't make that much of a difference are only occasional things.

Again my graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon 4570 with 512mb dedicated memory. So some of you with laptops can kind of compare, and or desktops can maybe get an idea of what to expect.

The order of the settings goes from top to bottom left to right in the order that they are currently listed in.

Texture Quality: High (Down 1 from Ultra) Not really that big of a difference between the two here.

Post Processing: Low (Down 2 from Ultra) Honestly don't notice hardly a difference, the waypoint lines and things like that are not quite as good quality as they are with ultra but not much difference.

Reflections: Off (instead of On) Don't really care about reflections too much, unnecessary strain.

Effects: High (Down 1 from Ultra) Not too sure about this one yet as no huge battle has taken place...may need to lower it once that happens.

Shaders: Ultra This is the most important setting in terms of how the game looks, and thus is the most intensive graphic setting. Anything lower than High makes the game look almost like an entirely different early build of a game. Especially for the Zerg, which really makes them just look like a barely detailed blob.

Lighting: Medium (Down 2 from Ultra) Not too much of a difference here. It is a little noticeable but so far I have been fine leaving it at this setting.

Shadow: Low (Down 3 from Ultra) This is actually a pretty graphic intensive setting, and honestly I don't think the extra lag that comes from it being higher is worth the effect. You still get a fairly decent shadow with it on low.

Terrain: Medium (Down 2 from Ultra) Again little noticeable but I'm okay with it at Medium.

Physics: Ultra Honestly I haven't really seen or noticed the effects of this one. I see no difference between how marines/scvs move with this on Ultra or completely turned off. Perhaps I could turn this off and try to bump up Terrain to High? I could be looking for the wrong thing.

Models: High

Unit Portrait: 3D

Movies: High

Soo....That's my recap.

I was able to run everything on Ultra, but once I zoomed in then it got a little choppy.