Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Little Map-Making Program I made

Dunno if there are any serious mappers here, but heres a little program I wrote when I was still mapping a lot.

Condition Creator

It's a small program that is used to create triggers via a text document, for people who like to map that way (me)

You choose a condition and then input some data and then it saves your data to the clipboard and you just paste it to your text document.

For example:

If you choose from the drop-down-list: Bring At Least

It will first ask you: Which player(s) is this for? (For this example lets say you put in "Player 1")

Followed by: Which unit? (For this example lets say you put in "Terran Marine")

Followed by: What location? (For this example lets say you put in "Anywhere")

Followed by: How many units? (For this example lets say you put in 4")

It will then copy this to your clipboard:

Bring("Player 1", "Terran Marine", "Anywhere", At least, 4);

Let me know if anyone uses it/your thoughts :)

Edited by Damein

So what's the difference between SCMDraft's Classic Trigger Editor and this? Except that this one takes longer.

Because a lot of mappers like to create triggers in word document so they can copy/paste quicker and its easier for some to trigger this way due to them being use to programming so their ability to read text is better than most.

I think it'd be easier if a macro trigger editor were created, where you specify the amount of triggers you need, set the conditions accordingly, so that you could generate the same trigger, for different locations, or for multiple players, all at once. For instance, spawning units for everyone. Instead of creating an action for one player, then copy pasting it and changing the player numbers to each player, you could just set it to create the actions for players 1-8 all at once.

I could do that.. if you're actually interested in that I'll do it for ya :)

For a small price of VIP membership that is! :thumbsup:

Edited by Damein

I could make a program that can do that for free. Since I am not an active map editor, I find no use spending time upon a project like this.

If you spend a lot of time on this I wouldn't mind giving you VIP as thanks, long as your program stays in our VIP section. Like Viper said though, it's nothing special..yet, but keep working on it and make it VIP worthy and we'll think about it.

Haha, I was just kidding Viper, and Ghozt, that'd be sweet.. but I'd have to find time to do it xD

Also, if you're a mapper, can you think of what you would like?

You'd have to be able to have some sorta incremental counter for pretty much any field of any conditional and action trigger there is. And there's quite a bit of informational fields to fill in, and quite a bit of trigger conditions and actions. So this will definitely take up quite a bit of time.