Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New CD-key getting you IP banned?

A few people on here know I flipped a !@!# when I found out I was IP banned from Battle.net for using my new and apparently invalid CD-key. I just bought it too, not something I found off a website. The new 26 digit key is the one with this "issue" as far as I know but I believe it is so people don't go using the key for bots instead. I spent quite some time fiddling with my retarded router and finally found an IP address that would work. I reinstalled StarCraft and the CD-key worked without banning me. Guess it is some sort of "safety" bullshit.

Now to find out if the key will work on a bot and then of course, try to get my router to keep a certain IP address without disconnecting after a certain amount of time.

[04:41:38 AM] Connecting your bot...
[04:41:38 AM] [BNCS] Connecting to the Battle.net server at asia.battle.net...
[04:41:38 AM] [BNCS] Connected!
[04:41:39 AM] [BNCS] Checking version...
[04:41:40 AM] [BNCS] Version check passed!
[04:41:40 AM] [BNCS] Your CD-key is invalid!
[04:41:40 AM] All connections closed.
[04:41:57 AM] Connecting your bot...
[04:41:57 AM] [BNCS] Connecting to the Battle.net server at asia.battle.net...
[04:41:58 AM] [BNCS] Connected!
[04:41:58 AM] [BNCS] 10053 -- Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
[04:41:58 AM] [BNCS] Disconnected.
[04:41:58 AM] [BNCS] The Battle.net server has terminated your connection.
[04:41:58 AM] [BNCS] Attempting to reconnect in 1 second...
[04:41:59 AM] Connecting your bot...
[04:41:59 AM] [BNCS] Connecting to the Battle.net server at asia.battle.net...
[04:41:59 AM] [BNCS] Connected!
[04:42:00 AM] [BNCS] 10053 -- Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
[04:42:00 AM] [BNCS] Disconnected.
[04:42:00 AM] [BNCS] You appear to be IPBanned. The bot will attempt to reconnect again in 20 minutes.

This is a known issue, please use the original 13-digit SC keys to connect to battle.net using starcraft

That sucks, bad.

The reason I got a new CD-key was because someone is using the old 13 digit ones I have. There is no way around it?

Not that I know of, what I would do is go buy a 3 dollar diablo 2 cd key