Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

View StarCraft game player IP addresses

I don't want to download any detectable hacks, but using Wireshark to filter packets is a bit hard, especially when you have a lot of established connections elsewhere besides a SC game. Is there a program that filters only StarCraft packets to view player IPs when you're in a game with them?

Not sure about that, maybe filter to only show certain ports? One thing you can do is join a game and while in lobby go to command prompt and do a netstat command. You can get IP addresses that way, then at least you know what IPs your lookin for.

Not sure about that, maybe filter to only show certain ports? One thing you can do is join a game and while in lobby go to command prompt and do a netstat command. You can get IP addresses that way, then at least you know what IPs your lookin for.

The only problem is matching the IPs to a user which can be hard under certain circumstances and too much work. I have thousands of IPs connect to me (from different programs, etc.) so just a netstat won't work. I remember someone writing a program for me like 5-6 years ago but those times are long gone. Just wanting to figure this out again since I don't know how the battle.net protocols work

Edited by drayden

What suteki said, I would simply join a game and then go do your command prompt and do a netstat search if you want to be safe by not using hacks. This may be easier by putting starcraft into windowed mode so you can catch the ip connections when they come. It will also be easier to see the connections if you are the host and they are using you to connect.

Also do a netstat before you enter starcraft. Write those normal connections from your other programs down or take a screen shot. Then start starcraft up and do a screen shot with the new connections. Then you will know which connections are from starcraft and which are your normal ones.

Hmmm...I see this feature of listing users and their IP in certain StarCraft hacking programs...but I don't want to use these because I'll probably get detected as using a hack even when I'm not using any of the other features...if I could only get the source code for that particular section of the program then I could probably edit it to my liking

Uhh, I can sell you the source code (in masm32) for a simple IP list "hack" I made if you're interested. >.<

Or better yet, Oblivion, is undetected and if you type /list in the lobby it will list each player with their respective IP address.

Uhh, I can sell you the source code (in masm32) for a simple IP list "hack" I made if you're interested. >.<

My ASM is a bit rusty, but I could probably manage...I just don't know how the b.net protocols work. Does this include IPs in channels as well? As far as I can tell, b.net channels works a lot like IRC channels and I see b.net channel bots that can IP ban addresses...therefore there must be a function to view channel IPs as well.

To my knowledge it isn't possible to get an IP address from a channel, the IP ban commands that are in bots are an actual Battle.net command if I recall correctly. The source code I have is for lobby and in-game only.

The only problem is matching the IPs to a user which can be hard under certain circumstances and too much work. I have thousands of IPs connect to me (from different programs, etc.) so just a netstat won't work. I remember someone writing a program for me like 5-6 years ago but those times are long gone. Just wanting to figure this out again since I don't know how the battle.net protocols work

Finding out who's IP address it is would be trivial however for the part of you having too many connections, and it would be too hard to find the IP's; each IP Starcraft related would be followed by :6112 so you would be able to find them even though a large list a bit easier if you just look at the Port # first.

You wont get his/her ip adress you will just get the ip of the server you are connected to nomatter what proggy you use, if it wasn't this way everyone would just DDOS their way to diamond with 100% win ratio

Not entirely true... sending that much data upstream will slow down your internet connection and would possibly make you lag out as well.