Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

What is wrong with Gamers Today?

I liked this video a lot. It made a lot of great points. Watch the video and share your thoughts.

http://screwattack.com/videos/TGO-Episode-...-A-Better-Gamer

Personally, I couldn't agree more with the social aspects of what he said. Truth is, that as a whole, gamers act like they do not know how to function in real society when you encounter them online.

Truth is that I stopped wearing a headset to play online during the original Xbox days. Back then it was a novelty that wore off after awhile...

When I first got my 360 I used one for a little bit, but now when I game it is reserved for when I am playing with friends only. I can't deal with the crap you have to listen to online, and there is no real reason to wear one. People screaming, playing obnoxious music...or just being plain annoying. I don't want to get pissed off or annoyed at people when I am playing a game. I just want to have fun. Ya know?

I really miss the days where you actually played games with friends over at each others houses, or went to the arcades. Man I miss arcades. Those were the days.

Arcades were awesome, and he did make points like how video games are toys/hobbies

The last part about being nice to other human beings was the part that I agreed with most.... Personally I'm tired of having to listen to 12 year olds attempting to talk shit.

I've been able to be nice to most people even before I watched this video. However I must agree that if you don't know more than Starcraft Map Triggering, you won't be able to get a girlfriend. Which is why it's awesome that I started making music in SunVox! I think anyone can do that.

So truly, the culture part of it is rather correct. Lifestyle is obvious. Culture - I have no idea about the current standing of politics in Hungary. No idea what's up. And although I don't even care, I cannot do much about it if someone refers to it...

And there was actually a time when you went over to someone's house to play? Uh, I have not really encountered that before. The problem is that if you play too much, apparently you will lose so much time you could use up for anything else that you will be inexperienced in EVERYTHING that would originally matter. You learn several customs only after you're like 17 years old. It happened to me before, it's horrid and painful.

The last part about being nice to other human beings was the part that I agreed with most.... Personally I'm tired of having to listen to 12 year olds attempting to talk shit.

I couldn't agree more. I refuse to wear a headset and listen to that shit anymore unless I am playing with FRIENDS.

Thank you for sharing this Jordan, I totally agree with the last part; The anonymity of the internet has made people rude and entirely disrespectful. I think we as gamers really needed that wake up call.

This Generation + Headset + FPS = Total disregard for your "feelings".

I sent in like 7 complaints on people talking way too much **** during the few hours I just played :(