Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Final Fantasy XIII Rules!

Wow, I picked up Final Fantasy for PS3 from Gamestop this morning. Thankfully I only had to go into the office for a few hours. I am now taking a break after playing the game for a few hours, and I just have to say....THAT THE GAME IS EFFING AWESOME!

So far I have to say that the Graphics are some of the best I have seen in a game so far. Just amazing. The story and gameplay is totally engrossing. I am loving every min of it.

Who else is playing it and loving it as much as I am? What is your favorite part of the game?

Hand Grenade Galore.

'Nuff said.

Now I am not a fanboy or anything, but the PS3 Version is actually better on many accounts.

A few key points. The card that comes with the game allows you to opt in to the Beta of FINAL FANTASY XIV for PS3

Second, the 360 version comes on 3 disks, and is only available in 780p

So just in case people have both systems and haven't decided on which to pick it up on hopefully this will help a little.

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hard-News-030910

Pretty graphics horrible game.

Horrible game?? Have you even played it, or are you just drawing this conclusion based off of some review that you watched online? The reason why I ask is because if you are a fan of RPG's and you had played it, I think you would like it.

Way to burst Jordan's bubble, eh Trever? :( But yeah, he is probably still high from buying the game. :P

Who me? Why would I buy this crap game I played it at my mates house. Even he agrees its not very good.

In the ammount of time you've been able to play it you probly didn't get out of the tutorial mode :(

I played the tutorial and watched my friend play the game. Both ways it didn't appeal to me.

Well i can relate.. i didnt like FF12 and i beat the game.. by the time i got to the end boss i forgot why i was there.. which was kinda sad

Eh, I've seen better graphics although they are pretty good. Gameplay is pretty nice and the cinematics sequences are beautiful. There are some major flaws as well which really hamper the gameplay. I just can't get into the game.

Final Fantasy has it;s horrible combat system... Turn based. That just ruins any RPG if its turn based.

Fallout 2 was turn based, but it was still epic. :P

I just don't see the excitement or strategy in turn based... And it takes ages to finish also.

True, very true. Turn-based used to be top-of-the-line stuff, but with all these new games coming out the TBC games just can't compete with the instant gratification of slicing off a marines head or sniping a lone civilian.

I just don't see the excitement or strategy in turn based... And it takes ages to finish also.

Final Fantasy is turn based because that is how Final Fantasy always has been. They even tried to change it some this time around. In 13 it is not the same old turn based combat system. In fact some fanboys are crying about the new combat system not being completely turn based like people are used to.

FF13 is loosly turn based...

If you don't input attacks and combo quick enough you'll get attacked first. You can interupt your combo to save on ATB. Have you actually played past the tutorial stage to were the game is faster paced??