Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Changes to Ghoztcraft!

The staff members of Ghoztcraft recently held a meeting, and we have made some plans and agreed on a few updates. We're always working to improve the experience here at Ghoztcraft, and the staff has banded together to plan for the future.

In an effort to prepare for the upcoming release of StarCraft II, we have started a donation chest. The amount we have received will be on the front page of Ghoztcraft. This money will be used to fund things such as StarCraft II hacks exclusively for GC. You can help us out here.

Another change that will happen within the upcoming months is that we will be updating the Ghoztcraft forum. Right now, it is IPB v2, and we would like to upgrade it to version 3. The price for buying the licenses and such is $314.96. Any donations not needed for StarCraft II will go toward getting this update. The updated forum will need new/redesigned skins, new modules (like the GC firefox addon), updated downloads, and much more. For these reason, we don't expect to be finished for a while.

As you may have noticed, many staff members have been either promoted, or demoted. This is to ensure that the staff members are all active members on the site. There have also been a change in requirements for staff members. These requirements will be strictly enforced, so I suggest all staff members read thoroughly.

You can read the new rules for staff members here.

On a side note, we haven't forgotten about the StarCraft Hackers Tournament. We're sorry about the delay. We hope to have it Re-started as soon as possible.

Feel free to post any questions here.

Is there an ETA as to when the SCHT will begin?

Currently there is not. However we hope to get one in the near future. However it will likely happen after the IPB update.

alright sounds good to me

Yeah i don't think you should expect it until after you're on the new Ghoztcraft.

That doesn't sound positive considering how long it could take. It was mentioned a few years back that many thing on here were going to be upgraded and it seemed like they weren't (need confirmation), as for the SCHT, it wasn't until that BLAH guy mentioned about it that everyone remembered. I guess that until I see it's not going to happen (hopefully it will).

The SC2 donations, I like the concept of the idea but I fail to see how you will get hacks made especially for here with such a small member base to attract them. Yes I know you have 22+k members and 1.5+k active members, but if you take away those who have recently registered and those that just read the forums, you're left with the same small group of 15 maybe 20 people, at best, posting. Viper and maybe Jiggie are the only people here that, I think, may produce hacks for SC2, in my opinion.

I used to like GC back in the day and I would've gladly donated whats left in my paypal, but now unfortunately, I'm glad not to be apart of GC. I hope that this place will be revived, but who knows.

I am not bashing or saying in anyway that GC is shit and deserves nothing, or anything along those lines. This is just my opinion. Feel free to flame me since I know some of you are dying to.

P.S. I find more advertising for http://seventrixforums.com/ (old hacks an' shit forum) then I do for here and battlehacks, which is kinda weird.

Well it's basically going to be a war between the big hack forums, whoever can cough up the most money will get the first SC2 hacks.

I must agree, you're looking at it all wrong.. If we're able to offer a good amount to pay for the next SC2 hack, then that's supporting for the site, and the author. You'll heep us up by keeping the site popular, and the author get's paid for the great work. We actually do get a good amount of donations, and we have a lot of hit's. We just don't require people to register to download, so activity isn't required. When it was, we had a lot of useless posts.

Well, we could make a requirement for downloads 5 posts, and they would be unapproved until a moderator checks if it is spam or not....

But then we'd have to approve quite a number of posts.

Indeed.... That would take WAYYY too much work...

Too bad. It would certainly boost the activity. ;)

And the spam....

I must agree, you're looking at it all wrong.. If we're able to offer a good amount to pay for the next SC2 hack, then that's supporting for the site, and the author. You'll heep us up by keeping the site popular, and the author get's paid for the great work. We actually do get a good amount of donations, and we have a lot of hit's. We just don't require people to register to download, so activity isn't required. When it was, we had a lot of useless posts.

Yes you may get the hits, but what percentage of those hits are for downloads and stuff you don't have at all but claim to (WoW Hacks, Counter strike hacks, Counter strike hacks, Multiplayer Hacks, MMOrpg Hacks, MMO Hacks, WoW Bots, VAC Proof Hacks, Counterstrike Hacks, Premium Starcraft, Hhacks, Habbo Hotel Hacks, Runscape Hacks, PSP Hacks, Xbox 360 Hacks, PS3 Hacks, Programming). I've accidentally come here by clicking a link then realizing you don't have anything of the sort. Example here.

I feel with how SC2 anti-hack system will be implemented, hackers will want to implement (what some of the Chinese are going to do) a pay to play premium hack ((Like wow hacks/bots)more secure and shit) along with the standard public hack and would want a larger starting member base bring in the money and the attention.

If I were to release a bot, I would do it at bnetdev not gamethreat (botting/hacking), if I were to release a hack I'd do it at gamethreat not battlehacks (bigger member base/smaller).

I am not bashing or saying in anyway that GC is shit and deserves nothing, or anything along those lines. This is just my opinion. Feel free to flame me since I know some of you are dying to.

Be aware that I'm high and a little drunk and tired so this may not make sense.

If I were to release a hack, I would do it at every single site.

Yeah really, release it on every site. Doesn't mean we can't do our part to support the person who makes it so we can post it here "first".

Lemme get this straight.. is the money donated going to our own members who make hacks, or to Korean/Chinese/Asian hackers who sell their hacks to us so we can be special?

Our own members such as jiggie viper etc. so that they can be rewarded for their work...

Oh, Ok. I just wanted to clarify. So basically to give them something to work towards; motivation.

Going in a different direction for a second.

Concerning the 'The price for buying the licenses and such is $314.96.' are you just buying a brand new business license and 1 or 2 other things.

Edited by veeber

I think XGhozt is the best one to ask, as he's actually going to be doing the buying.

Ok, cause considering he already has a license, buying a new one will be wasting hundreds of dollars.

Standard License: $149.99 Renew expired: $25

Business License: $299.00 Renew expired: $50

IP.Gallery License: $64.99 Renew: $10

IP.Blog License: $49.99 Renew: $10

IP.Downloads License: $49.99 Renew: $10

IP.Content License: $49.99 Renew: $15

Standard license with all this -20% = $291.96 leaving you with $23.

Renewing the license = $70 Standard $95 Business leaving you with $244.96/$219.96.

On a side not, SC2 hack AI has been out for nearly a month and a public maphack for about a week.

S.S.jpg

Edited by veeber

We all already now about those, (At least I did) I'm pretty sure he was referring to other exploits to be found.. I mean compared to some of the things that I have no doubt are available if people had the time, a map hack is relatively easy.

But damn; Renew it by all means! Why would you buy a whole new one. o.0

I meant out as in released to the public and have yet to be posted on here, I didn't mean that you lot hadn't heard of them.

Hey all, I just wanted to bump the topic and also say sorry for so much inactivity. I really like the motivation that is going into Ghoztcraft... The IPB should have been updated a long while ago.

Must say this is a great to get the gears moving and get ready for ScII, I hopefully will become more active as the new expansion packs are released. But this is a great start to rebuilding Ghoztcraft.

Edited by Ruler: Fixed some spelling errors... (Cripp have you been drinking lately?)