Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

I need your help with a Debate

Hey guys. I need help with a debate I am having with my GF and a friend of hers. Apparently they take this music video pretty seriously because when I made a comment about it after seeing it for the first time, they got all defensive they said I was insane for making the comment that I made to them about it.

Now, I really don't like the music, but that wasn't my comment, nor is it the point. What I need you to do, is watch a little bit of the video, then post a comment.

What I need is for you to post the first thing that comes to mind when you see it. What/Who Does it remind you of?

Full honesty is appreciated.

THANK YOU!

To tell you the truth I stopped watching at 1:16. Not only do I not like that sort of music but the video in general was a bit.. extravagant, to say the least. The first thing I thought was that they tried to hard to make it a good video, and in the end it just looked like a joke.

It reminded me of Lady Gaga. Completely and utterly.

Lady Gaga.

Not a positive comment.

I honestly just think it was retarded and couldn't really compare it to anything, maybe a little bit Lady Gaga...Like Lady Gaga done wrong. What I want is a .Gif of that black guy after she says Mango. It's fucken hilariously stupid.

My girlfriend thought it looked like they were definitely going for a Lady Gaga look.

Stupid video. Who is their targeted demography? :P

Lady Gaga.

I couldn't finish it.

Thank you guys I appreciate your comments. Like I said before, I realize the video sucks ass, but you don't need to watch the whole thing. I only watched it for a min or so before I drew the conclusion that I came to about what it reminded me of.

I will refrain from revealing for a little bit to see if more people comment.

I got dumber from watching that....

For every second of video that passed my IQ dropped a point. I wonder if you can have a negative IQ. o.o

Well since I got several good comments, I will say what my comment was.

After seeing this video with my GF and her friend after about 20 seconds In, I was like, what is this chick the Black Lady Gaga?

Then what followed as an almost tirade about how the hell could I think that...I must be insane, they are totally different...blah blah blah

Then I stated that the video is very similar to the Telephone video by Gaga. The video was shot pretty much the same, the clothes were very similar, hell she wears a glasses that look almost exactly like Gaga's in that video. Then there was the wig... I have never heard of this artist before, but she seems like a knock-off to me.

Anyways, to make a long story short, they weren't able to tell me how this video was so much different, so I figured I would come on here to see if it was just me, or if others saw the same thing I did. Thank you all for your input.

Edit: after watching it again I think it is funny that the girls belt thing falls off at about 2:50 and she hurriedly tried to put it back on. So there is an outtake that made the video? haha I will say the same thing I said about the Gaga Telephone video...these writers/producers that made this video must have been high on crack.

You win. Don't you feel so much more superior now?

^,,^

It's not about feeling superior, or winning really. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't being biased because I really hated the song. That was the only real point. Just to see if other people would think that she looked like the Black Gaga

That and to share the crappyness of the video.

. . .What I want is a .Gif of that black guy after she says Mango. . .

RetardedBlackmanWOAd-2.gif

Thou hath asked and thou shalt receive.

I have wayyy to much time on my hands. >.>

Your ad sign in the bottom right does not please me.

Monki does not approve.

Your ad sign in the bottom right does not please me.

Monki does not approve.

*Fixed*

Hey could you do a .gif when the guy is doing that weird thing with his arms at about the 2:54 mark? That shit is too funny.

Sure, here you go:

BlackmanArms.gif

I gotta get a life; That shit was 48 frames! Blink-4-Me.gif

^_^

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Wow that is definitely one for the top ten worst music videos and songs ever!