Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Color Sigs

ok im trying to learn graphic designing so i can make my own signatures how do people make all the cool colors i use gimp and i got alot of brushes and stuff just how do people make all the stuff cool colored this is what i did for my friend http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/I...nt=Untitled.jpg and i need help on how to make cool colors help please. anything appreciated

Well you could use the color palette...

What would you consider an example of a cool color?

for exampe look at your sig you have alot of designs that blend in with a nice golden/orange color how do i make mine look that nice? and when you download the brushes from deviant art they have like perfect looking designs as the album covor how do i make mine look that good?

Gradients, color pallets, photo-filters.. to list a few of the things needed to make "cool colors". I still don't know if I fully understand what you mean by that.. do you mean like abstract sigs?

I think he doesn't know how to blend his colors?

For the signature I have, I kind of cheated. T_T I found a stock with that color, put it as the background, and erased/recolored some parts. You could do that, you could make your background a nice gradient, you could find some C4Ds that match your colors.

well ill post what i made from scratch and i just started graphic designing this is what i made from scratch for my friend

http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/I...pg&newest=1

thats one and heres the other

http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/I...pg&newest=1

tell me if they are bad/good whatever i just need some feedback or how to make better sigs all i did was pretty much add brushes and text thats it... nothing else so feedback please!

Well basically all you have is a render and some lighting effects. Add some colors and some brush strokes (I suggest dling some brushes for gimp) and what most people try to do is blend the background with the render. Make a layer behind it and do that to make it stand out more. After that, you can play around with the render. I use Photoshop which I torrented the newest one for free. :biggrin:

Also, there are tutorials online of how to do this and that if you want to learn quickly. Quick question though: I'm an avid anime watcher so I was wondering what anime that is from. Sora no Otoshimono maybe? Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about his signature?

By the way, I would like to mention that this is sort of a necropost, but not really that bad since you did help him with his question.

And you sound like you know something about graphics. Participate in our sig of the week! We have tutorials that I posted up(with permission) a long time ago.

here is an idea stop using brushes there good for simple effect but when whored is just ugly trust me. use them wisely and sparingly learn more about blending and c4ds stocks and lighting they will help you.