Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

So, why are we dying?

It seems to bother me that there's barely anyone visiting the site, there are barely any new members, and there are no POSTS. The community is dying. We must do something - even though it was said that we have to make 3 posts a day - But what should we post about?! I have no idea! So it should not really be only my job, and as a sidenote, mostly 2 posts come as a response but then the entire thread dies out as fast as it was made.

We need to do something, or Ghoztcraft will fall. I don't want to see that.

?

Edited by veeber

If this site wants to attract the public it's obvious what it needs is productivity. To have productivity you have to have productive people that are willing to contribute to the site. If you have these two things and you then ask what to be productive on the answer is what this site was originally created for and founded on. Blizzard games would really be the only appropriate choice as choosing something other than that would change the community and it would no longer be the same atmosphere. Unique projects are needed to be made rather than the typical maphack that nearly every site relating to the same principles has. That's just my two cents.

Edit: I mean this site has a lot of productivity, Zar's artwork for instance. Can you imagine what would happen if you combined all of your abilities in a project and created something with a function that had something like Zar's artistic ability in it? I think something unique like that would attract people.

Ghoztcraft is dying, indeed, and there are very few things we can do to stop it from completely going down. I've noticed that the only people who actually post (actively) are the staff/retired staff. That's understandable since they were dedicated to Ghoztcraft and have been for a long time. The problem is is that there's nothing to make the common forum lurker actually POST. I have no doubt we have many new users, but they only do it to download a hack one time, then never appear again. What we need is something to lure them in, to make them an active part of the community. I agree with Anime's and Veeber's thoughts that if we had something unique that's not on other sites, and something that would actually make people want to post, then Ghoztcraft might live.

I sure hope we, as a community, succeed.

I had a way to help with this but I can't ever get a hold of damn XGhozt to discuss it. It would increase traffic a lot, and introduce a lot of new members. I've tried to get a hold of XGhozt about it but like I said he is never available.

We've been "dying" for a long time, except we've managed to hold on. As anime said, we need something to attract the public, a big project. That will get the lurkers to start posting. I don't even think we get new members as often as we used to, because there are no new hacks on GC to make then join. We need something to move us ahead of the other sites like Battlehacks, Gamethreat, etc. I think the fact that almost everybody who posts is only staff/retired/VIP might be scaring newcomers away. They think it's an already established community, with nobody else allowed.

If the lurkers would actually post then we would have more posts and more activity. Just make new threads and all.

Making new threads wouldn't exactly make lurkers post. Threads are being made bi-weekly, but we all know who is posting on them. What we have to do is make interesting threads, that pertain to exciting subjects, Diablo III for instance.

?

Edited by veeber

Also many people who are active due have other priorities at times, only recently I've been able to actually get on Ghoztcraft

Tellin you I could help with this if someone could get ahold of XGhozt for 2 minutes....

Tellin you I could help with this if someone could get ahold of XGhozt for 2 minutes....

Err

AIM: XGhozt00

Yahoo: XGhozt89

MSN: [email protected]

me[at]XGhozt.com

Does he use those anymore

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't post them.

veeber%20is%20only%20posting.png

Ghoztcraft [Hacking Made Easy] (Used to be) the good old times.

Ghoztcraft [Gaming Made Easy] (Currently) well not anymore.

Ghoztcraft [Nothing Made Easy] (Proposed change) fits perfectly.

Edited by veeber

It's my fault for the lack of updates guys. Summer will be here soon. :P

Summer is already here for me! WOOT! (i haz 3.5 GPA tis past semester)