Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

The Maintenance

Hello everyone,

First of all, sorry for the huge gaping hole in our uptime over the last 48 hours. But I felt it was important to get the entire site backed up to an off-site backup server before we proceed. As promised not to long ago, more updates to the site would be on the way, but first things first.

I will be posting in the news again soon, and dispatching a newsletter with more on these updates soon. We have a lot of work ahead of us so stay tuned! This isn't going to be an easy process because the site has so many different aspects to it. But we will be updating the site, and it will be awesome.

You may also notice a lack of advertisements on the site, we're now completely funded by your donations, keep it coming guys! I don't feel the need to display ads here if we can keep this up.

Keep it locked,

XGhozt

o.o Ghozt.... you might want to put the ads back up... personally I don't think we can make it on donations alone...

As for the downtime, a little warning would have been nice.

Don't worry, if it becomes a problem I'll put them back. We have enough funds for now. I'm tired of driving traffic away from the site with those advertisements.

Well as long as we don't go bankrupt xD anyway... In regards of the updates whats next on the agenda?

Not that it's a bad thing that they are gone, but how exactly do you know they were keeping people away?

It's common knowledge (or not..) that advertisements drive traffic away. That's technically the point of them. Anyway, the next thing is we need to get the next version of the IPB software and start rebuilding the downloads database from the ground up.

Oh Gawd, I remember last time that happened >_>

I had to help you download and preserve all of the files and information before re-uploading them to the new system D=

Good thing I'm retired, I suppose, lol.

This is the last time we'll have to do this because we'll be using the official download system. We've been using a custom one since the start. Obviously the official one will be supported as things progress.

Bounder's gonna help too right? ;)

Why did it say it was an Internal Server Error if it was actually the maintenance? ;)

>_>

I dun wanna help D=

Besides, I'm not on my computer as often as I used to be =\

Been helping my Cousin moving and finding a job.

Don't worry, if it becomes a problem I'll put them back. We have enough funds for now. I'm tired of driving traffic away from the site with those advertisements.

That's why we have AdBlock and driving traffic away is nothing to do with adverts.

Why did it say it was an Internal Server Error if it was actually the maintenance? ;)

That was just me being lazy.

>_>

I dun wanna help D=

Besides, I'm not on my computer as often as I used to be =

Been helping my Cousin moving and finding a job.

Bounder, 10 minutes a day to help isn't that hard xD!

That's why we have AdBlock and driving traffic away is nothing to do with adverts.

I'll dispute that more if you open a new thread.

Got an ETA on when all this updating will be happening? If its after June 3rd I unfortuantly won't be able to help; I'll be in BCT.

Soon, I don't have an ETA. Maybe this Friday/Weekend.

Alright I might be able to help, it all depends on the time.

Oh great another tread similar to the other 10 on this site with the same responses!

Oh great another tread similar to the other 10 on this site with the same responses!

What, the fuck are you talking about dude?

I'm lost. ETA? I guess that means estimated time of arrival.

What about BCT?

BCT: Basic combat training (Aka Basic training, basic, 9 weeks of hell, hell on earth, etc.)

Makes me kinda sad because the site won't be the same again; however it is necessary to advance and with SC2 right around the corner this will make it an exciting time. Almost like a brand new Ghoztcraft. Wait isn't that exactly what we were trying to accomplish? Changing GC? Nice move. ;)

This "era" in Ghoztcrafts history is dieing if not already dead. And a new Ghoztcraft shall once again rise from the ashes as it has done before.

The only thing I warn you about is to be careful how everything is implemented. I know of another hacking site that decided to update their board and in doing so it basically killed the site....changing the site name probably didn't help either though......

This "era" in Ghoztcrafts history is dieing if not already dead. And a new Ghoztcraft shall once again rise from the ashes as it has done before.

The only thing I warn you about is to be careful how everything is implemented. I know of another hacking site that decided to update their board and in doing so it basically killed the site....changing the site name probably didn't help either though......

PheonixCraft

But really, I agree with that statement. We have to do this very carefully, and try to preserve the good things and take away the bad things.

So, after June 1st what happens? What can the staff do to help? Post a topic in the staff board with information please~

Makes me kinda sad because the site won't be the same again; however it is necessary to advance and with SC2 right around the corner this will make it an exciting time. Almost like a brand new Ghoztcraft. Wait isn't that exactly what we were trying to accomplish? Changing GC? Nice move. ;)

You're right, Ghoztcraft will never be the same. It will be much better, and we'll have a lot more social networking integration. And even an iPhone or Mobile ready integrated design. Among other things. The site will be much simpler to use, right now it's not very user friendly, that will change.

Don't worry guys, this isn't the first major upgrade we've done. I know this is a delicate procedure and things will change as they progress. We won't be 100% for at least two months after the upgrade. But the basics will be functioning. You can expect regular updates from me.

We're not changing our name.

But really, I agree with that statement. We have to do this very carefully, and try to preserve the good things and take away the bad things.

What are your favorite things about Gc? Anything you guys list I'll strive to ensure don't get lost.

So, after June 1st what happens? What can the staff do to help? Post a topic in the staff board with information please~

This weekend, I will disabled the site. It will be replaced with a Coming Soon page and you'll be able to opt into an email list to receive daily updates. I'll keep my twitter updated as well, so keep an eye on that. Any staff who want to help (and this is encouraged, there may be a reward :) ) can email or message me to gain access.

I've already begun working on it on my local server for testing purposes.

Also, I've just paid for the new version of the software, so it's official now!