Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Welcome to the new Ghoztcraft

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your patients and collaboration as we worked through this strenuous process. But we're finally done! So, with that said.. Welcome to the Ghoztcraft everyone. I'm proud to announce our new website, new downloads and new design. You can read this post for more information on what's new. But here's a short list:

• New Design
  • Unreal Portal has been depreciated
  • "Home page / Blog" will be back soon
  • Wiki will be back soon.
  • New VIP Shoutbox (currently in the footer, will move later)
  • Updated AJAX Fast Reply
  • Updated Forum Layout
  • Lot's of new settings (for the member)
  • Social Networking Integration.
  • New reputation system
  • New downloads system
  • Updated gallery

Things to note:

• You may need to redo your signature.
  • Please report any bugs you find on this topic.
  • There are bugs with IE7, they will be fixed soon, for now please use an updated browser.
  • Some final touches are still pending (icons, text alignments)

Please post any feedback! I would love to hear what you guys think. I spent many hours working on this to get everything setup on the new site. The downloads is what took the longest, so please report any files that have missing images or downloads. But they should all be working now. Not to worry, we'll start updating the actual files soon. I am declaring, as the admin of this site, that we no longer officially support IE6. If you're using a modern browser, you'll get all kinds of neat effects.

*cheers*

XGhozt

Update(s)

• Wiki is now working
  • Some color changes in new Ghoztcraft skin
  • Download System Changes
  • Shoutbox moved to the top
  • Permissions fixed for VIP Members
  • Ie7 Bugs fixed

• Like 2

Also, a special thanks to everyone who helped and the members for making this possible.

So far the site looks Amazing! Really impressed and excited about getting to check out all the new stuff. So far everything has loaded very smoothly and fluently.

The only question so far that I have is I didn't see/find a way to make it so that each post has a certain font/style automatically. Is this not possible now or did I miss it?

• Like 1

I like the new theme.

Good job, Ghozt. The site looks great.

It's really awesome. I'm glad to see it all back online. It's a shame my internet is currently limited - it would be awesome if I could access stuff faster - but that's my own fault. xD

So far everything looks wonderful! You did a great job XGhozt. I can't wait to see the site flourish. Everything loads smoothly and the design is clean and stylish. Hurray for Ghoztcraft! :D

Sounds/looking good.

Thanks for all the comments guys, glad to know everyone appreciates the new site. Don't forget to fix your signatures. :)

Very fancy work here XGhozt. This is going to be fun! =).

I dislike it more than anything else atm, but that's just a massive collection of small differences more than anything specific.

Can't believe you nerfed the portal D=

I dislike it more than anything else atm, but that's just a massive collection of small differences more than anything specific.

Can't believe you nerfed the portal D=

Sorry you feel that way bounder. Your like an old guy set in his ways, haha. Don't worry, we'll get all those fancy custom features I setup for everyone back soon. :)

When I went on the old GC a few days ago I noticed the progress bar and was expecting something big. But damn this is epic!

Love the new site and its sleek, elegant design. Great job X!!! Also, the portal was a terrible idea thanks for getting rid of it.

and you put patients instead of patience in your first post, X. :P

Sorry for the random lag guys.. damn server acting up again.

and you put patients instead of patience in your first post, X. :P

Yeah, I need my co-admin Poply back.. he used to fix all those for me.. :(

I think the font is really small. O_o But it doesn't matter, I just pressed Ctrl + and left it zoomed in a bit.

I wish the shoutbox was on the top though. D:

Which text is too small, the posts view? I can change that. :search:

Oh.

I think it's just my computer's monitor. It's fine on my laptop, but my desktop makes all the font really small.

It really depends on the resolution of your monitor.

Is it possible to see new skins in the future >_>

I left the IP.Board default skin in tact. You guys can use that until better skins get released.

Rawr, Ghozt, I may or may not, at a later or not so later time, reapply or unapply for a Staff or Ultra Staff position, should I ever find a place of occupation or income and stay or not stay in one location for longer than a week or a day.

Quack.

But, any who, glad GC's back up! If nothing, I may apply for a Shoutbox mod if they're still a position since I practically LIVE in it >: O

Nice to know HG, I've missed having you around the forums. The good news is that the new system has a nice feature where I can set certain members to be a moderator of the shoutbox, rather than a certain group, and then assigning members the group.

Hey Ghozt, I still don't have access to the aCP. You took away the access to it when I was doing permissions with you, but you never put them back. :[

What's the plus and minus signs at the bottom of each post?

Hey Ghozt, I still don't have access to the aCP. You took away the access to it when I was doing permissions with you, but you never put them back. :[

I will fix it soon.

What's the plus and minus signs at the bottom of each post?

That's where you can give or take "Reputation", the new system doesn't have "comments".

• Like 1