Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Your SC2 Beta review

Hey you guys I'm sure most of us have played the beta in one form of the other and what do you guys think of the Game so far. It is a beta after all but in my opinion it isn't superb of a game as the first rtegular Starcraft.

Graphics: Better graphics better game play, for those who can't even run the game on it's medium games you'll realize your not experiencing the game to it's full capacity. Also after seeing UMS game for SC2 the about of animations could cause my computer to crash

Gameplay: The game we have all experienced is multiplayer or computers. I feel a huge sense of unreal players when I play the computer. And for some reason even if i've played the full online experience I would expect disappointment. That's all I gotta say. What do you think?

• Like 1

Graphics: Well, playing it on Ultra everything (Shaders on Extreme), I have to say that Blizzard has really outdone themselves. The graphics are superb and the new physics and effects are phenomenal. If a games rating was based solely on graphics representation, StarCraft II: WoL would get a 10/10.

Rating: 10

Sounds: Playing with a cushion-ey, 5.1 surround sound headset with music quality at full, you can really get immersed in it. The only qualm I have is that occasionally sounds get cut off when another barges in. But that may be that theirs not enough sound levels. Most of this rating goes to the fact that when I was playing a 1v1 vs Zerg, although I didn't see it in full view, I heard the rumbling and squirming of a Nydus worm then the faint grunt as it came to the surface. I destroyed it with a couple of stalkers and that was that. I was accused of maphacks. :P

Rating: 9

GUI: Outside of the game itself, the Battle.net 2.0 user interface feels a bit clunky. It lags, even though my computer can obviously take it. It doesn't move seamlessly like WC3s, where it felt all streamlined. The animations are cool, but the slowness of the responsiveness dampers the intensity.

Rating: 7

Gameplay: I've played the Beta for a month and a half or so now (Legally, on Multiplayer) and 2 and a half months or so (Illegally, vs Computer). I have to say that the computer just sucks, and doesn't represent the experience in anyway. I figured this out when a Zerg computer sent all of their 20-odd overlords into my base right into my canons. Must've forgotten to scout. ;) Anyways, during my term of play against actual players I found myself either steamrolled by skill, or on a cakewalk of noobs. Only very rarely did I ever find someone who was exactly even with me. Most games lasted an average of 8-9 minutes, either from cheese, or just plain skill. StarCraft was never like this. It was never a simple game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. I've been in Gold (Platinum in the last 2 patches) so I know what I'm talking about. A StarCraft II game should last 20 minutes, minimum. I once had a wonderful hour-long game vs a Protoss where we were back and forth countless times only to find out he was maphacking while watching the replay. While I still love the thrill of winning, the adrenaline of barely pushing back a horde of Roaches with some Stalker micro, I feel that the gameplay is lacking a lot. Knowing this is a beta, I'm sure they'll fix most of the faults before launch, but if they don't they could turn what could be the most epic RTS in history into a throwaway of 50 bucks.

Rating: 6

Multiplayer Interface (Battle.net 2.0):

I have to say, even with all the controversy of the current state of it, they've done a nice job doing what their told to do. Most people are blaming the people who made it: "Whoever made Battle.net 2.0 is a complete [insert vulgar words here]". Even though the people who made it aren't really to blame because they did a SUPERB job of doing what their told by the higher ups. Instead of playing the blame game I'll move on to the more technical aspects of B.net 2.0. I find the friend system and chat system terrible. The one thing that will probably sway this rating the most is no chat channels. I could go on and on about this, but I'll just say this: You only get one game to get to know a person. If you want them as a friend you get one game. You can't say "Oh, let's go meet in so-and-so channel to talk about the game", you have to learn about them in a single game or else their gone. And saying "Gl Hf" doesn't count as knowing them. Sure, you could look at your chat history and add someone who you thought was good, but you shouldn't have to act on thought, you should act on fact. It's so hard to organize a good tournament in the new system (I've hosted only a few small, private, uncasted tourneys mind you), because everyone has to have either everyone else added via EMAIL ADDRESS (Ugh, I could write a book about that), or have some 3rd party software (IRC anyone?) to set it up. To put it simply: The way Battle.net is going now, it could ruin the game, even if the gameplay is wonderful. It needs a lot of work.

Rating: 4

Overall Rating (Averaged): 7.2

• Like 1

The blue on gray hurts my eyes. *-*

But I like the review.

Well I feel like the beta was really rough but I know I'm waiting for a review before I buy it