Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Worlds Toilet Crisis

I had no idea.. this is crazy. I couldn't even imagine what it's like. You just don't think about it until you see documentary's like this.

Hulu - Vanguard: World's Toilet Crisis - Watch the full episode now.

People in India, literally take a shit in the lake, and get their drinking water from the same place. And There's a lake there, that bubbles and doesn't move because of all the shit and methane gas floating up.

Wow... The general public only know that conditions are bad in areas. But I mean dang I still find out stuff like this every once and a while

That is just horrible negligence. I can't help but feel appalled and yet the locals there all find it part of the daily routine..

The Ganges River in India contains 60,000 faecal matter per 100 ml, 120 times the amount that is considered not safe for bathing. (500 faecal coliforms per 100ml) The river is used for bathing, purification, holy and spiritual purposes, bathroom, and as drinking water for millions of people.

that just made me sick to my stomach

This is just horrible, to think that even in modern times people still live like this. It really makes me feel privileged to live like I do.

Yeah it's some what shocking what some people take for granted... this case a toilet.

Well I am glad we are civilized and have the opportunity to live in such an advanced realm of technology. Now let's carry on with our everyday problems that hit us all the time, like relationship drama! Of course in the meantime I don't realize that the ability to drink tap water and using the toilet is not as natural as it seems. xD

Well I am glad we are civilized and have the opportunity to live in such an advanced realm of technology. Now let's carry on with our everyday problems that hit us all the time, like relationship drama! Of course in the meantime I don't realize that the ability to drink tap water and using the toilet is not as natural as it seems. xD

It's not recommended to drink tap water, you know. There are tons of filthy little micro organisms swimming about in it that can be potentially harmful. Filtered water is much more clean.

They say tap water is also cleaned and filtered and whatever. Maybe in the US they are lazy to clean it, but here that's done. :o But of course, if you filter it, it's surely cleaner, but I won't get a waterfilterer just right now. :o

I have a built in water filter in my fridge.

meh there all imbreeds who cares if they drink dirty water when they are dirty them selves its there tradition to marry there first cousins and have children with them

to all Indians reading this post no racism intended im just telling it like it is

Actually, water treatment plants in the US filter their water through river sand to clean it.