Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Sounds..

I don't know about anybody else, but something that really grinds my gears is when I have a song on my IPod that is louder on one side than the other. It pisses me off and ruins the song completely.

Does this happen often to you guys, or am I just weird? It isn't my ears or my headsets - since this isn't the case for every single song.

Any way to fix this by fiddling with my IPod or something? I try to just re-download my songs, but it gets annoying when I have to do this for every new song that pushes my buttons.

Oh, and where do you guys download your music?

yeah I know what you mean. sometimes specially downloaded music is extremely loud and destroys me ears

I hate when one song is extremely soft, so you turn up the volume, then the next are normal volume and so you die.

Yeah I hate that too...

I know what you mean, Jiggie.

And if I want to find a popular song quickly, I typically go to aimini.net

If you're a true audiophile and want the best quality you should try to get an invite to what.cd best music torrent site by far, featuring over 320,000 artists and 850,000 torrents.

and i don't know what you're talking about. never happens to me.

If you're a true audiophile and want the best quality you should try to get an invite to what.cd best music torrent site by far, featuring over 320,000 artists and 850,000 torrents.

Agreed. No other site can even compare to the quality/selection that what.cd has.

Agreed. No other site can even compare to the quality/selection that what.cd has.

Checks inbox for what.cd invite. :P

Checks inbox for what.cd invite. :P

I don't even get invites yet. Maybe, in another year or two... and even then i already have a list of people I'm going to invite. My poor ratio just doesn't seem to go up :(

Ha so get into a website that is hard to get into

Ha so get into a website that is hard to get into

I got in through an interview/test on IRC, those wishing to get into it could try the same.

What.CD: A Beginner's Guide

Hmm interesting

If you have such issues and hopefully not too many music, you can always use Adobe Audition to use Amplify to change the volume of each song, though you can do that only one by one.

I hate when one song is extremely soft, so you turn up the volume, then the next are normal volume and so you die.

I found a solution to your problem so i couldn't help but return to this thread to share it with you!

There is a "Technique" called ReplayGain which specifies the dB level of your audio files and uses an algorithm to adjust the perceived data.

Replay Gain is the name of a technique invented to achieve the same playback volume of audio files. It specifies the reference level of 89dB and an algorithm to measure the perceived loudness of audio data.

Replay Gain allows the loudness of each song within a collection of songs to be consistent. This is called 'Track Gain', or 'Radio Gain' in earlier parlance. It also allows the loudness of a specific sub-collection (an "album") to be consistent with the rest of the collection, while allowing the dynamics from song to song on the album to remain intact. This is called 'Album Gain', or 'Audiophile Gain' in earlier parlance. This is usually important when listening to classical music albums, because quiet tracks need to remain a certain degree quieter than the louder ones.

Replay Gain - Hydrogenaudio Knowledgebase

this comes included in foobar2000

also it's better than zhuinden's solution, IN YOUR FACE :P

• Like 1