Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Apple solves mystery of faulty iPhones

Apple's iPhone 4 is the most ballyhooed technology product since, well, the iPad, and the company sure was shocked when it received thousands of complaints almost immediately that calls were disconnecting.

The theory of the problem, many users said, was a faulty antenna that failed to work because it's built into the outer skin of the device. If you hold the phone a certain way, the antenna doesn't work.

Source: Apple solves mystery of faulty iPhones- Market Dispatches - MSN Money

If you hold the phone a certain way, the antenna doesn't work.

LOL! You have got to be kidding me?

Correct, he is kidding. If you visited the link you would see that Apple highlights the real problem.

Not so, Apple said today. How you grip any cell phone can affect the antenna.

The real problem is that the formula the iPhone uses to estimate signal strength "is totally wrong."

Cell phones measure signal strength by bars in the screen. In Apple's case, the bars are in the upper left corner of its screen.

How bad is the formula? Really bad, Apple conceded.

"Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength," the company said in a statement on its Web site today.

Correct, he is kidding. If you visited the link you would see that Apple highlights the real problem.

Not so, Apple said today. How you grip any cell phone can affect the antenna.

The real problem is that the formula the iPhone uses to estimate signal strength "is totally wrong."

Cell phones measure signal strength by bars in the screen. In Apple's case, the bars are in the upper left corner of its screen.

How bad is the formula? Really bad, Apple conceded.

"Our formula, in many instances, mistakenly displays 2 more bars than it should for a given signal strength," the company said in a statement on its Web site today.

This is why i AM NOT a using a damn apple phone. Yes I know tons of meat heads out there love the iphone and can do anything.... But still this clearly states that the damn own creators is lying to the people and not giving the best service it can...

LOL "HEY GUYS! I HAVE 2 BARS!!! Oh wait... It says no signal. :[ :[ :["

Dang that's gonna hurt them a bit.

I don't buy their stories, it's a hardware problem and they're trying to cover it up with lies saying it's software and that they're going to "patch it".

LOL yeah. Doesnt make sense to me. -.-

Solution: Hold the phone right. Lol!

yay for apple!