Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Major computer help please!

So my laptop is having major issues. Basically it is constantly freezes. before in could never install an update but ran fine. Now it's basically freezing then going into the blue screen of death. I've done a few repairs hasn't done anything. Also keeps doing a checking file D...

Any suggestions? I'm basically going through each option to see if it fixes my problem

Sounds like hardware failure, how old is the laptop? Try checking the disk for errors first and see if it can correct anything.

• Like 1

About 2 years, and I can't do much of anything currently. Every time I started it (normally or safe mode) it freezes in a black screen. it runs a fix program which doesn't do anything when I restart it. Is there anything in the F8 option that could potentially help?

Also anything in recovery options needs the administration password which I don't have or remember putting in. Probably because bestbuy set it up.

Any suggestions

BUMP

Any suggestions

BUMP

You should contact BestBuy's support team and describe your problem in full detail so that they may assist you.

• Like 1

Would it cost anything?

Would it cost anything?

that's quite probable.

• Like 1

Alright I was hoping to fix it myself but whatever thanks you guys.

I mean while fixing it yourself is always an ideal situation, there are times when it is simply better to contact professional help. You could continue to try all of the obscure suggestions of semi-qualified people and hope that through all of the frustration and time spent on it your problem is somehow solved or you could spend a little bit of money and have someone who knows what they're doing fix it for you. It is also quite probable that if you calculate the time and frustration trying to fix the computer and weigh it against how much time it takes to earn the amount of money to pay someone else to do it that it will come out in favor of the latter. Best of luck for no matter what you choose.

Do some searching for it (because I'm lazy) but there are cd images you download and burn to boot off which reset the admin password on pretty much any windows OS. I've used it a lot for fixing others computers. You'll need to boot off the cd, reset the admin password, and then boot off the operating system cd and see if you can repair or check the disk for errors. If all else fails, try a reinstall, and if you continue to get problems then the laptop is broken and it's time for a new one.

That, or you do some debugging and buy replacement parts.

Do some searching for it (because I'm lazy) but there are cd images you download and burn to boot off which reset the admin password on pretty much any windows OS. . .

OphCrack is by far one of the best disc images for cracking/reseting passwords. I've used it multiple times with great success; It's compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7. Basically just download the .iso, mount it on a CD then put it in your computer and restart it.

Follow the detailed instructions here.

Edited by XGhozt
fixed

<br>Do some searching for it  (because I'm lazy) but there  are cd images you download and burn to boot off which reset the admin  password on pretty much any windows OS. . .<br>
<br><br><a href="http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=ophcrack" class="bbc_url" title="External link" rel="nofollow external">OphCrack</a>  is by far one of the best disc images for cracking/reseting passwords.  I've used it multiple times with great success; It's compatible with  Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7. Basically just download the .iso, mount  it on a CD then put it in your computer and restart it. <br><br>Follow the detailed instructions

<a href="http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ophcrack/index.php?title=Ophcrack_Howto">here.</a>

Wtf?

Fixed..

You should actually check the error message the blue screen of death gives you to narrow down the problem.

Fixed..

Ohmahgawd. Thank you. No matter what I did it would just show the HTML source for it. T_T