Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

IP Address change

Hey. I play Dota in a bot calle "dotacash" and i disconected so they bot IP banned me. Is there a way i can change my IP so i can play again?

-Thanks

That depends on your ISP. Try unplugging and plugging in your router, if that doesn't do it then you can't change your IP.

You could always use an IP Masker like Hotspot Shield.

What does /ipconfig release do?

I thought Ghozt posted a method that dealt with doing that, and a bunch of other things.

If you are using a router other than the main one coming in for your DSL so like a wireless router then all you have to do is go into its settings and set it up as a static ip address. Then you can change your ip address as many times as you want within the range of the router and your ISP.

Josh the ipconfig release and restore is simply resetting your connection to your ISP. Usually you have an assigned IP address that will not change unless allowed by the ISP.

Another thing you can do is call your ISP and ask them to change your ip address because you are worried about hackers and spammers. It really doesn't matter what you change your ip to the hackers and spammers can still get you but it is a good excuse to try and get them to change your ip.

There are other ways to clone ip addresses and block servers from accessing your ports but that is an entire different conversation that should not take place on this board because of legal issues behind it. ;)

Good luck.

Oh. Thankyou Dr.Winkey. I hope it works :D