Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

The Klondike Adventure

The Klondike Adventure

"What would you do for a klondike bar"? That question has never been the same ever since last summer.As a matter of fact, nothing in my life has ever been the same, and it is all thanks to me and my craving for a klondike bar! It sounds ludicrous that a simple ice cream bar could change my life,but,boy....IT DID!

It was a sunny Monday afternoon in May. I was at my local dealer's house going through his collection of bootlegged dvd's to see if I was interested in purchasing any of the latest movies. I found a copy of "Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer" and set it aside, I was going to buy it a long with my fix when me dealer returned from the back room.

Today it was taking abnormally long and I was growing impatient. It was hot, and I wanted my fix-----I had to have my klondike bar! So I made my way into the backroom, the door was locked which worried me a little bit. I knocked and no answer. Thoughts of what could be going on filled my head. Perhaps someone broke in and his holding him hostage? Perhaps the police have barricaded themselves in there with him? Perhaps...perhaps he decided to take his own life... "NO!" I screamed as I kicked the door opened. I would not allow him to die, at least while I wanted a klondike bar!

I walked in prepared for the worse, but somehow this was WORSE than the worse! He was was laying in a fetal position, beating the ground with his fists and crying.

"what is wrong" I asked.

"I've been hit.....They took the whole supply" He responded

I hesitated before answering. "...You mean...they took all the Klondike bars?"

"Yes.. The held me down and stole everything before running out the back" He yelled in anger.

"we have to make them pay. we have to get these fuckers!" He quickly added.

After some time, I was able to calm him down and get to the bottom of things. It turns out, the ice cream man and his band of child dealers were behind this! He already made plans to retrieve his klondike bar supply and then some. But i wanted to help. I wanted to help bad! I wasn't going to leave until he allowed me to help. After all, I still wanted that fucking klondike bar!

"Let me help! I can take these guys!" I begged.

"No, this doesn't concern you James,Go home before you get hurt. The klondike war is very dangerous!" He screamed at me.

"I understand that. But I am prepared to do ANYTHING for a klondike bar!" I said pathetically.

The dealer smirked at me. His eyes narrowed, he looked down and up at me at the same time. He then spoke in a raspy voice "What exactly would you be willing to do for a klondike bar?"

I responded with "ANYTHING...ANYTHING!!!! Why did you ask so dramatically??"

"Well, it appears you may be the one. The one who can finally end this klondike war....But the question is, do you have the guts!" He replied.

"I do.. I do have the guts! I will end this war... I WILL win this! I will get those klondike bars back!!! What do you want me to do first!?" I said.

"Well, you need some practice. So first things first!You gotta kill a couple people......."

To be continued if everybody wants!

Lol, if that is "to long" for you, then what books do you read? You must still be stuck on "The Cat in The Hat".

The Cat in the Hat was way better than this LOL. I read it, and well.. I don't really like it. I mean continue it if you want, but the "ending" was really stupid. The writing itself is fine, the grammar wasn't too bad.. but the plot is just ludicrous really. And if you were trying to be funny, you failed. D:

To be completely honest, I actually read it when you posted it in the other topic; I quoted aNiMe_FrEaK_ to kind of give you a hint; I was too lazy to really review it then.

ALSO: If you want people to like you insulting their intelligence doesn't help.grin.gif

The Cat in the Hat was way better than this LOL. I read it, and well.. I don't really like it. I mean continue it if you want, but the "ending" was really stupid. The writing itself is fine, the grammar wasn't too bad.. but the plot is just ludicrous really. And if you were trying to be funny, you failed. D:

To be completely honest, I actually read it when you posted it in the other topic; I quoted aNiMe_FrEaK_ to kind of give you a hint; I was too lazy to really review it then.

ALSO: If you want people to like you insulting their intelligence doesn't help.grin.gif

1. that wasn't the end. That was me cutting it off because I was to tired to continue.

2. I know the writing was fine, I know the grammar wasn't bad ;).

3.The plot was meant to be stupid.

4.i understand it's not funny, a lot of stuff isn't funny these days. You can thank the media for killing funny.

5. I really don't care if people like me. It was my own opinion. If you thought my original post was too long, then your reading level must be at about 2nd or 3rd grade because I can read that in about 30 seconds.

1. that wasn't the end. That was me cutting it off because I was to tired to continue.

2. I know the writing was fine, I know the grammar wasn't bad ;).

3.The plot was meant to be stupid.

4.i understand it's not funny, a lot of stuff isn't funny these days. You can thank the media for killing funny.

5. I really don't care if people like me. It was my own opinion. If you thought my original post was too long, then your reading level must be at about 2nd or 3rd grade because I can read that in about 30 seconds.

I know it wasn't the end. Hence the quotation marks. If you cared to read my entire post you would realize that I had already read it. Even so, most people blanch when they see an entire paragraph on forums not because they can't read it quickly, or can't read it at all, but because mostly it's just a waste of their time. This is a perfect example. If the plot was meant to be stupid, why write it? No one wants to read a bad story.

To be continued if everybody wants!

I don't want.

i didn't stop reading because it was too long, mostly because it's authored by an amateur writer and it's about a klondike bar. I'm an avid reader my booklist right now is dante's inferno, les miserables, the aeneid, great expectations, and the scarlet letter. I don't read garbage Kthxbai

i didn't stop reading because it was too long, mostly because it's authored by an amateur writer and it's about a klondike bar. I'm an avid reader my booklist right now is dante's inferno, les miserables, the aeneid, great expectations, and the scarlet letter. I don't read garbage Kthxbai

lol? I never claimed to be tolkien.

But if you want to read a REAL book, I suggest you pick up The Wheel of Time series. It has about 13 books in the series, and each book is about 1000 pages long. But, you probably couldn't handle that.. With your low level reading and all.

But all joking aside, if you like to read then I suggest you go pick up the Wheel of Time books. Start with "The eye of the World" which I believe is the first book. I promise you that you will fall in love with the series.

Read that about 2 years ago actually. Quite a good series, lasted me about a month.

If you want to get positive feedback/constructive criticism on your writing I suggest you put it up on an amateur site like FanFiction.net (Ignore the name, they accept all sorts of writings) because I'm getting the feeling that most people on this site don't really have the time/want to read something like this.

Did you just mention Dante's Inferno, Les Miserables, The Aeneid, Great Expectations, and The Scarlet Letter were on a low reading level, plutomic?

But if you want to read a REAL book, I suggest you pick up The Wheel of Time series. It has about 13 books in the series, and each book is about 1000 pages long. But, you probably couldn't handle that.. With your low level reading and all.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he did just say those books are on a low reading level; at least it's implied. o.0

He obviously doesn't know what

REAL
books are. ;)

Holy shit Anime_Freak_ you certainly are involved with high-tier stuff.

It's funny to hear about The Wheel of Time series! Do you know why it's 13 books? Because the author DIED before he finished the series! The 13 books do not the end the story - it's in the middle of nothing! Also my sister used to read it. It was like 5 years ago. Apparently she continued to suffer and indulge herself in the pain that involved reading the series because the first few books were good, and afterwards, it was mostly about feeling the dark forces and puking on every single page, and NOTHING happened. At least, that is what she told me - and I do not doubt her words.

Holy shit Anime_Freak_ you certainly are involved with high-tier stuff.

It's funny to hear about The Wheel of Time series! Do you know why it's 13 books? Because the author DIED before he finished the series! The 13 books do not the end the story - it's in the middle of nothing! Also my sister used to read it. It was like 5 years ago. Apparently she continued to suffer and indulge herself in the pain that involved reading the series because the first few books were good, and afterwards, it was mostly about feeling the dark forces and puking on every single page, and NOTHING happened. At least, that is what she told me - and I do not doubt her words.

I'm taking a masochistic approach to reading. It might not necessarily be fun doing it but I force myself to so that I am getting a better education. I've been stuck on Dante's Inferno for like a month but I'm finally about to finish it.