Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

SC2 Multiplayer Strategies

Mm thanks Zero I'll try it out in 1v1 eventually or 1v1 in customs

I'm going to start playing some Zerg. Simply because they are so cheese.

EDIT: I think I am better off with Terran

By cheese I assume you mean equal to Terran and Protoss? If so I agree.

Oh yes. Gotta love mass rines and early zealots. Heh. Either way, none of these things are really "Cheese" to me; their only cheese because you lose to them often and they are used way to often. The moment you find the counter, they become things to laugh at.

However I'm still having trouble with the TP v Pa rush (Me being the P, a meaning any race I'm with); only way I've been able to handle it is with quick roaches from a Z and Stalker micro. black%20eye.gif

yeah cheese isn't an issue for me in 1v1 (haven't tried in team yet), it's easy to scout and easy to counter with a wall off or 2-3 zealots on a ramp with a cannon or stalker giving them fire. Then the only rush I've had small problems with are rines and stalker can easily counter that. and once you've beaten cheese it's basically an easy opportunity to get ready for stronger attack against them.

I mean they spent the first few minutes with tier 1 units and by that time you could be a tier 2 with an army

Hey you guys I decided to make a Multiplayer strategy topic for anyone interested in new builds and tactics. Feel free to ask any questions! even if it's beating a comp on easy, or dealing with teammates who decide to go cannons for first 7 minutes...with 8 probes.

I'll start. So I primarily play as toss and the only build I do is the four gate and if the game still goes on get Colossus and some high temps which is successful for early pushes and some harassment but I don't know when to expan...ever so any suggestions? Also I'd like to know more build orders any suggestions?

cool

Wow spammer

Hey I'm speedskaters evil twin say wah BUMP

So I've learned to counter many things in SC2 but lately I've come across two strategies that usually kill me, One is a broodlord/corrupter which in my opinion is gg should of killed them before they got it.

the other is mid game terran with mech (tanks hellions 1 thor) and bio ( alot of marines and some marauders) the mech pwns my gateway units and the infantry pwns my mech. I dont know maybe it was just his unit composition that basically countered everything I had. any suggestions? O_o or just get better at the game :P

Hey I'm speedskaters evil twin say wah BUMP

So I've learned to counter many things in SC2 but lately I've come across two strategies that usually kill me, One is a broodlord/corrupter which in my opinion is gg should of killed them before they got it.

the other is mid game terran with mech (tanks hellions 1 thor) and bio ( alot of marines and some marauders) the mech pwns my gateway units and the infantry pwns my mech. I dont know maybe it was just his unit composition that basically countered everything I had. any suggestions? O_o or just get better at the game :P

As for the Broodlord/Corruptor strategy, yes, you should've killed them earlier. However, there are those games that can stray into the land of epic, also known as late/endgame. I'm going to assume you are also at T3. As Terran, the ideal way to counter this is Viking/Thor. Thor's outrange Brood Lords and Vikings outrange Corruptors. The key is to have a balance between Thors and Vikings. Ideally, if you were facing 5 Brood Lords and 10 Corruptors you would have 10 Vikings and 3+ Thors. You should focus fire the BL with the Vikings, and try to micro away when the corruptors show up. With the Brood Lords out of the picture, (Even if your Vikings die) The Thors can easily wreck havoc on any air, and the Zerg will be left with an only-corruptor army.

To counter pure mech, you have to abuse their mobility. As Terran, this usually means building air (Cloaked banshees are perfect, especially en-masse). The alternate way is having more tanks then they do, and get better positioning. Also, stimmed marauders do exceptionally well with tank support versus mech. They do extra damage to armored, and if you stim past the range of the Tanks then they can snipe them exceptionally fast.

Gotta love marine/marauder/medivac. Just get a group of them and keep sending them in for pressure.

I love storming and feed backing them a lot too

Some of these sound pretty cool. I will post some of mine when I get the game XD

Dude I played on my friends computer on ultra graphics and everything makes the epic battles so epic i forgot to marco completely, the large amount of toasted hydras and roaches as well as exploding stalkers and colossi=eye sex

Dude I played on my friends computer on ultra graphics and everything makes the epic battles so epic i forgot to marco completely, the large amount of toasted hydras and roaches as well as exploding stalkers and colossi=eye sex

I know, the death effects are so awesome. It's funny because a lot of the pro gamers play on lowest settings so their not distracted by anything, and can just focus on the actual game. XD I say: Screw that, I have the hardware, I WANT MY EYES TO HAVE AN ORGY! <3 :P

Lol i know. Ghoztman or someone mind explaining the whole how you can tell when you'll be going into a higher league like gold or even platinum? are some play list harder to go up in? Is the league promoting system based on your wins or points? I'm confused on the whole process of going up in league

Lol i know. Ghoztman or someone mind explaining the whole how you can tell when you'll be going into a higher league like gold or even platinum? are some play list harder to go up in? Is the league promoting system based on your wins or points? I'm confused on the whole process of going up in league

Well Blizzard has been really vague about how the league/ladder system works. You can check out the FAQ here.

Here is an excerpt:

Q. How does a player move from one league to another? (For example: from Silver league to Gold.)

A. The system constantly evaluates a team or player's performance given the difficulty of opponents and will move teams that belong in another league.

Basically, if you keep Rank 1 long enough and keep beating highly skilled players your WILL be promoted. Eventually. Keep in mind that the longer it takes is probably better, because you can skip entire leagues. For example, someone on the forums was Rank 1 Bronze with an extremely large amount of points higher than Rank 2, and was Rank 1 Bronze for a couple weeks, but when he was promoted he went straight to Diamond. (Keep in mind that's a rare occurance) Something similar happened to me, except I was Rank 1 Gold and I skipped Platinum. (Much more common)

Do you have to hold a place like first? or keep winning and beating high golds and platinum? Also is it possible to go down in league from platinum to gold?

Do you have to hold a place like first? or keep winning and beating high golds and platinum? Also is it possible to go down in league from platinum to gold?

You don't HAVE to hold a rank, just keep winning and getting more points and playing against higher league players. I was Rank 5-10 for a while in my Platinum league, but I still got promoted. And yes, I believe it is possible to move down.

• Like 1

Hmm thanks dude, fyi i liked your replays

No problem.. most of it is from experience. As I said before, Blizz is being unusually vague about the leagues and ladders system. rolleyes.gif

Also, thanks! I'll try to keep up on uploading. :)