Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Sc2 tournament Discussion

SC2 Tournament   

8 members have voted

1. 1. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4?

2. 2. What Maps?

• Stanard (what you play in league)
    • A specially made map?
  3. 3. Hacks?

4. 4. When?

5. 5. Gameplay

• Limit what people can do? (NR times, cheese, ext)
    • Let the game be played like it should be played

PLEASE POST WHAT YOU VOTED FOR, thank you.

As many people know we have been talking about having a small tournament for SC2. I think it we been beneficial to see what we all agree upon and discuss details of the tournament. Above are going to be some pole options please vote and post a comment.

For what game type we'd be playing I decided to choose 1v1. much easier to organize and I hope you guys feel the same way.

What maps? I picked standard almost everyone knows them and they're all even.

I know GC has been famous for it's hacker tournaments but since there really isn't to many hacks out there I voted No Hacks

Obviously and exact time period hasn't been discussed by anyone but it would be helpful if we knew what days worked best for the majority, I voted for the Weekends. You can pick multiple options for this one you guys

Now I understand that there is somethings people don't like about SC2(Strategies, builds, cheese, ext). I'd like for everyone to discuss this in more depth if they voted "Limit what people can do". or even if they voted the other way. I voted let the game be played the way it's suppose to.

If there is anything else you'd like me to mention or put in the polls let me know you guys. Also Just because we made this topic doesn't mean we'll have the tournament in the near future.

Game Type: Voted for 1v1 because it should show your real abilities, not the ones of the teammate your leaning off of.

Map Pool: I picked the standard map set because all of Blizzard's maps made for the leagues have been tested extensively and are pretty balanced for each race.

Hacking Limitations: Considering there are only a maphack, tiehack, and crashhack readily available for ingame exploitation, and the only one we'll be using is the maphack (Hopefully, lol), I think that we'd just be better off using our real abilities ingame. However, if this tournament isn't going to be in the near future, then I have no doubt nano351 will finish his multihack with enough features for use in this tournament. Otherwise, no hacking was my vote.

Preferred Day(s): I chose Friday/Saturday/Sunday because they work best for me and my schedule.

Game Limitations: I think every strategy in SC2 is valid, and can be countered if scouted. Whether you give it a label or not is your choice, and each strategy has their weakness and advantages that may play on your weakness or advantages. Using this mindset, I chose to play the game the way it was intended to be played, without limitations.

I chose 2v2 - because I kind of enjoy seeing a team fight also - 1v1 would still be good.

Standard maps - same reasons as Ghoztman.

Definitely hacks allowed - if not then just go join another SCII Tourney on a general site that isn't about game hacking.

Saturday - (typically)a lazy day. :3

Play it with no extra rules - if you can't handle it, then you don't deserve to go on since you aren't better.

Okay I'm glad some things are in common so far

I actually wouldn't mind having 2v2 as well, but if I had to pick one it would be 1v1. I like playing 2v2, but it might be to much work (Especially in the new B.net 2.0 :3).

Also, Monki does make a good point regarding hacking; only reason I say no is because I like fair games and don't think there is really enough hacks (Public, at least) to make it varied.

Game Type: 2v2, i like team play, adds more elements to the game, i would also do 4v4s and 3v3s.

Maps: Standard maps ... Symmetrical and tested

Hacking Limitations: No hacking.

Preferred Day(s): Weekend, F/S/S, schools starting up again

Game Limitations: No limitations, no matter how much i hate reaper cheese, its valid.

Guess I won't be in this.

If you want, you could use my account to participate when I'm not actually in a match. If we get pit against each other, I'm sure someone else would be willing to let you borrow an account.

Game Type: Voted for 2v2 because in my opinion, 2v2 is much more fun to play, has many more strategies available, and has more diverse unit compositions.

Map Pool: I picked specially made map (for now), because if we're doing like Metalopolis the whole tournament, then one person might always play metalopolis, while the other person might hate the map, and never play it.

Hacking Limitations: I voted no hacking because I just wanted to see everybody's skill in the game right now.

Preferred Day(s): I chose Friday/Saturday because they're the most commonly free days for people.

Game Limitations: I think every strategy in SC2 is valid, and can be countered if scouted. Whether you give it a label or not is your choice, and each strategy has their weakness and advantages that may play on your weakness or advantages. Using this mindset, I chose to play the game the way it was intended to be played, without limitations.

And yes, I did copy and paste this from Ghoztman. He had a lot of the same things that I did, and I didn't feel like retyping it. <3

Well for the hacking there is still quite a bit of time for hacks to come out. It would make sense to wait after the patch that allows channels till we start this tournament. Seems like many people are interested in 2v2... we'll just see since this is only a discussion.

whats the point of a tournament if there is going to be hacking? that beats the purpose.

anyways, whats the prize gonna be?

2v2 would be fun. But I wouldn't be participating.

whats the point of a tournament if there is going to be hacking? that beats the purpose.

Did it defeat the purpose in the SCHT?

-No.

And a prize was never mentioned, god forbid you partake in this for the fun of playing SCII.

No prize mentioned. and people seemed to like 2v2, and I have to admit I do to just organizing times and teams...

Sorry for just voting and responding a couple days later xD.

But this is what I voted for.

I voted for 1 v 1 because clearly shows how each player is good as and individual. But I am easy going and dont mind 2 v 2.

The standard maps because that gives everyone an equal/fair advantage on how the map is layed out.

The days I picked Would be friday/saturday because that is of course when most people bum around.

No hacks because it shows true skill plus not a lot out there.

Let the game be played. A player should not be limited to what he or she can do.

IF i missed one Let me know lol...

In response to this post, I will quote something that is exactly what I was going to say.

Did it defeat the purpose in the SCHT?

-No.

And a prize was never mentioned, god forbid you partake in this for the fun of playing SCII.

Seriously. Although I voted no on hacking, it wasn't because there would be no point. Also, prizes aren't really nescessary.. I think having fun playing games with friends and knowing you kicked their asses is good enough prize. :P

I was seriously thinking that GC could potentially have a very small tournament, like 6 people and donate like 15$ as a prize but whatever.

Well I mean...

Most of the people on GC are like highschool/(young) (broke) college students. xD

If you can find willing donators...

I was seriously thinking that GC could potentially have a very small tournament, like 6 people and donate like 15$ as a prize but whatever.

Why does it even need to be a prize yet.... We dont even know how many want in and anything else. These are just polls :(. I honestly dont mind playing for fun then doing something money wise.... :D?

I was when sc2 first came out for any GC users, nothing like a full on tournament.