Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft 2 1.1 and beyond.

For those who haven't already seen this or want to talk about it blizzard posted a general idea for battle.net 1.1... and beyond Here's the article Situation Report: Patch 1.1 and Beyond - StarCraft II

Truly i find some of the changes to races to be a bit bs (because ima protoss player i guess) zealot rushes arent even that powerful in my opinion, i find 6 pool more challeneging but whatever.

what do you guys think

Yeah, the nerf to Zealot build time is a bit wacky, but I guess it makes sense since proxy 2gate can be really hard to defend from even if you scout it. However, this brings up a new issue. I often scout a BIT to late for 6pool, and even tho I can defend from it by walling off and chronoing some zealots, it's going to be a lot harder to defend from zergling rushes with a slower Zlot build time.

As for the nerf to Tank damage, I definitely agree with that, although a bunch of Terrans will probably be whining about no counter to Hydras or whatever. I definitely found siege tanks extremely hard to break mid-late game, even with a bunch of Immortals and Collosi.

The Desert Oasis map change.. well I don't really know, since I rarely play on that as it's a really weird map to play on. I understand the change however, since it can be pretty tough to defend your expo because there isn't really any small choke to help you.

The BattleCruiser nerf is kinda unwarranted, considering it can be countered pretty easily and only until you have about 8 does it get really hard to counter with ground.. and by then, you should have enough AA anyways. o.o

Warpgate cooldown will make it a bit harder to fend off 2gate/3gate robo with 4gate, but it shouldn't really be a problem.

I agree with the Ultralisk nerf (Although Zerg are gonna use it as an excuse to say it's even more underpowered).. the cleave AoE was way to strong against a lot of units, so less damage is fine. The whole removal of the ram attack is explained, so that's fine.

The Reaper change was definetly forseen, probably because of the publicity of the Morrow vs IdrA matches, and how easy it was for him to transition out of it and the effectiveness of the 5racks build.

Sorry for the out of order post, but I'm to lazy to rearrange it. :P

No problem yeah it'll be interesting to see even more upcoming changes blizzard will come up with.

I like the Terran nerfs, even though I am a Terran player they sound reasonable. But what the fuck is up with the Zerg, they got a minor buff which is total bull shit.

I have a feeling that we will see more changes on these exact same thing at the sametime

I like the Terran nerfs, even though I am a Terran player they sound reasonable. But what the fuck is up with the Zerg, they got a minor buff which is total bull shit.

I think you mean nerf, unless your talking about the building 'Ram' removal, which can be considered a buff because it means they do splash and attack faster to buildings.

Pfff I hardly see Ultralisks in game, even when I do I just get a bunch of ghosts backed up with some meat.

Zergs either need...

• Larva spawn nerf (I'm talking about the time or something)
  • Small build increase time
  • Unit cost increase

Actually too be honest I would be really happy if they would just increase the cost of Mutalisks or something. They are so dam fast to produce while the Zerg usually has about 50 Zerglings hanging around even when they are teching.

I hate mutas too, when i play against a zerg who's going for mutas i try and end the game ASAP just because they're so annoying if microed relatively well. maybe add 5 second ling build time

Pfff I hardly see Ultralisks in game, even when I do I just get a bunch of ghosts backed up with some meat.

Zergs either need...

• Larva spawn nerf (I'm talking about the time or something)
  • Small build increase time
  • Unit cost increase

Actually too be honest I would be really happy if they would just increase the cost of Mutalisks or something. They are so dam fast to produce while the Zerg usually has about 50 Zerglings hanging around even when they are teching.

Yeah, in lower levels of play you hardly see Ultralisks. However, they are a powerful unit not to be overlooked, especially during mid-late game; Ultraling counters Stalker/Collosi extremely well even if you don't get a surround, and their cleave AoE damage is SO powerful, that the nerf is welcome.

Zerg do NOT need a unit cost increase, at all. Their units are a lot weaker than Terran and Protoss units and are meant to be massed up. Look at it this way: A 200psi army of Terran or Protoss could demolish a 200psi army of Zerg easily. Zerg's one advantage is numbers, and if you take that away from them then Zerg will be even more UP.

Build time increase is reasonable, but considering Zerg is a reactive race it can't be to long or else they won't be able to react quick enough to the enemies unit composition.

The same goes for Larvae spawn, because that is a giant part of being able to react to the enemy and create an army on demand.

In my opinion Zerg are probably the 'weakest' race at the moment, not in units but in mechanics. Zerg need buffs, if anything at all.

Zerg surround can be very devastating as well

I play Plat-Diamond and I bearly see any Ultralisks, they are just too expensive to mass up.

You don't understand that early-mid game Zergs are absolutely impossible to deal with. They can get a army 4x as big as yours at around the 10 minute mark, they expand much faster than the two other races which gives them more map control. And those banelings can easily break through your wall which is MEANT to be there to stop them from frigging rushing you with 50 Zerglings.

The luck I have had with Zerg is to round up a few Hellions to rape those fucking Zerglings, and by then they have already got about 5-10 mutalisks. If I don't have any ghosts by then or a group of marines then its over.

the MLG games should great ways for toss to deal with that but not any on terran that i saw... probably due to the lack of zerg players

So for the protoss zealot situation basically the 2 gate proxy could potentially be the exact same, however being ling rushed with toss will be more of a bitch, i still don't get it

Yeah, if theres a four person map though and you scout wrong it could potentially make matters worse

I play Plat-Diamond and I bearly see any Ultralisks, they are just too expensive to mass up.

You don't understand that early-mid game Zergs are absolutely impossible to deal with. They can get a army 4x as big as yours at around the 10 minute mark, they expand much faster than the two other races which gives them more map control. And those banelings can easily break through your wall which is MEANT to be there to stop them from frigging rushing you with 50 Zerglings.

The luck I have had with Zerg is to round up a few Hellions to rape those fucking Zerglings, and by then they have already got about 5-10 mutalisks. If I don't have any ghosts by then or a group of marines then its over.

I play Diamond and I see Ultralisks a LOT. The reason I see them you don't is because they are WAY more effective versus Protoss than Terran.

Who are you to think I don't understand early-mid game Zerg? In fact, that's probably my best matchup (Maybe vs Toss is better). They can obviously get an army bigger than yours, because of their macro and the way they are reactionary. However, 4x is a bit of an exaggeration because if they do get over 4x for you, then your doing it wrong. :P They expand faster because it's almost necessary. They NEED that macro, exactly because if they don't get more units than you then their doomed anyways, even if army sizes are equal. Map control is only if you let them. As a toss, I don't have the wall breaking problem as I don't wall off, unless I forge FE which I rarely do because trying to outmacro a Zerg is silly. If your getting baneling busted THAT much than you should scout more often. The moment you see a baneling nest then you should build a stronger wall, behind your current one if necessary. The average baneling bust only has about 20 speedlings, altho exaggeration is fun.

It's all about scouting. They can only beat you if you let them. Thors are a great counter to mutas if they don't abuse the magic box, but if your teching to MMM (Which is a bit silly vs Zerg, imho) then stimed rines take care of them quite quickly, in small numbers. If they rush into your base with lotsa mutas and you only have a few rines then you should try to scout better.

It's all about scouting, what do you think I do with Scanner sweep and the occasional reaper scout. Zergs can easily change the whole type of there army. They can change mass Roaches to Mass Hydras in 1 minute. If I try getting a combination of units to take out the different unit types it just doesn't work since I have to constantly change the tech.

It's all about scouting, what do you think I do with Scanner sweep and the occasional reaper scout.

Then why are you losing to baneling busts and mutalisks?

Because they just get more fucking units than I do. I keep telling you. It is so easy for Zerg to produce minerals since they expand fast and can have more than 1 drone training at once in the early game.

On top of that Zerg units aren't expensive.

ugh i hate scans!

Because they just get more fucking units than I do. I keep telling you. It is so easy for Zerg to produce minerals since they expand fast and can have more than 1 drone training at once in the early game.

On top of that Zerg units aren't expensive.

Then you need to build more units, obviously.

Terran and Protoss units are much more powerful even in smaller numbers as opposed to Zerg units, which MUST be massed. If the Zerg expands and isn't attacking you, then you should expand. You do realize that 'it is so easy' for you to expo as well.. I don't really know what to say, if your getting overwhelmed by Zerg mass then your obviously not building the right counters. That or something else, because just because they have more units doesn't mean they have the advantage. With Terran and Protoss that holds true, but with Zerg it's not as applicable.

If he's out macroing you then you should try to harrass, hurt his economy. Harrass is essential versus any race really, but especially against Zerg because of the macro that's usually required for them to win.

What you don't seem to realize is that it is "required" for zerg to expand to be able to be effective at all in the game, when Terran can stay on a 1 base and still pump out just as much as a 2 base zerg player just because Zerg units are so much weaker than Terran units. Apparently you can't do that. Dunno what to say, because that really lies within player incapability.

SHUT THE FUCK UP GHOZTMAN! Why not put your theory in to practice and upload some replays.

These big walls of text and you don't have any videos or anything to go with it.

SHUT THE FUCK UP GHOZTMAN! Why not put your theory in to practice and upload some replays.

These big walls of text and you don't have any videos or anything to go with it.

Somebody is a bit sensitive, aren't they? Seriously, you need to calm down. I'm just trying to help you and other people try to see the real problems and try to better themselves for it. Don't take it too personally. =/ These are far from theories.. Also, as I see you are obviously blind, or just don't pay attention to the shoutbox (Of which I've posted links to many of my replays, as well as my main account as well to view all my replays) I'll put the link here, since you apparently only see what you want to see.

DisreputableDog - Users - SC2Replayed.com

You can ignore most of the 2v2s, as they were from the beginning of retail and I just uploaded them for Bounder. Please note that I don't play Terran, as I've stated before (But you probably didn't read). Also, you can use the search bar and search for 'Python' I believe all of the replays are mine except for 1.

I can not believe that a terran player is bitching about zerg.

Lol i know its all backwards it seems.

I'm almost tempted to split the topic off where the raging starts, and just toss it into the flame board.

Topic: Starcraft 2 1.1 and beyond.

Discussion: The various updates/buffs/nerfs to units in the game, and whether this will make the game more balanced, or less balanced. Not a thread where we have a baby crying over stolen candy. Lets try not to rage in this topic okay/