Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

SC II

Who actually thinks the game play to sincerely be over-rated?

What do you mean by gameplay exactly specifics please?

No specifics needed, you join a melee game and then you play - the game play of SC2.

overrated? no... why do you? and if so why?

You mean the mechanics of melee multiplayer? There are many aspects to StarCraft besides melee in multiplayer. Not sure what you mean here. unsure.gif

That's why i want more details

Starcraft 2 is so good... how is it overrated

So explain the other aspects in SC II multiplayer that are so great, if you will.

Well usually in melee you find a game, compared to most other multiplayer games they aren't usually douche bags who trash talk almost instantly instead people get "gl hf" and sometimes you can carry a conversation with them. one game i was up against a guy named ewok and we had a fun conversation about starwars. the game play itself can be boring at first but harass with a worker is mildly entertaining, after that you need to act quickly to create an army that will counter the others which leads to mircoing your units efficiently , huge all in battles of explosions and death. basically multiple things of strategy coming together to create an overall fun experience.

Things go pew pew.

[insert Intelligent Response Here]

rolleyes.gif

Meh, don't over think it. It's a fun game, end of story.

Well usually in melee you find a game, compared to most other multiplayer games they aren't usually douche bags who trash talk almost instantly instead people get "gl hf" and sometimes you can carry a conversation with them. one game i was up against a guy named ewok and we had a fun conversation about starwars. the game play itself can be boring at first but harass with a worker is mildly entertaining, after that you need to act quickly to create an army that will counter the others which leads to mircoing your units efficiently , huge all in battles of explosions and death. basically multiple things of strategy coming together to create an overall fun experience.

Not over thinking it, just the few times I have played - it just seems like an over glorified StarCraft I.

Not over thinking it, just the few times I have played - it just seems like an over glorified StarCraft I.

*Whispers* It's the sequel. *Whispers*

Oh yeah, and I thought you brought this up over at FreedomHack. You said it was just another patch for StarCraft 1. suicide2.gif

Besides, even if it was what you think it is, what's wrong with that? For an 'overglorified' StarCraft I it's pretty damn fun, imho.

I'm fully aware of it being the sequel, I give it all it's dues for the story - kudos to that. And I believe I did refer to it as just another patch, lots of pretty bells and whistles - oh, and the shiny eye candy.

But I mean would you of rather liked blizzard to do something new ? instead of the "if it's not broke don't fix it". honestly im glad its similar to SC1 and i was very spectacle about that when they announced SC 2.