Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft 2 Zerg Voice Replacement (With Old SC Overmind)

File Name: StarCraft 2 Zerg Voice Replacement (With Old SC Overmind)

File Submitter: GhoztMan 

File Submitted: 22 Sep 2010

File Category: Starcraft II Mods

Author: Zergi

Version: 1.0.0

WARNING!!! Officially it's not allowed to modify game files. You are installing this mod for your own risk

I know, that many players don't like new Zerg announcer voice. In SC2 we heard old grandmother's voice for Zergs. Yes, Overmind was killed in SC1, but... his voice is more cool, than new.

I've created small modification for StarCraft 2 with Overmind's voice for Zerg.

Some voice changes in this mod

- fixed some bad replies, like "Spawn moar overlooods" to "Spawn more overlords"

- deleted long pauses from some replies

- added echo and some sound effects, that makes voices more like Overmind from SC1 and from SC2 vampaign from one of Zeratul's briefings

Another good thing for this MOD - you can play with this mod in MULTIPLAYER, and of course, in ranked matches too.

It's a compromise between SC1 Overmind (announcer) and SC2 Overmind (Zeratul's campaign)

- SC1 Overmind voice

- SC2 Overmind voice

nstalling

First read this topic: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142356 how to repplace ingame files -OR- read this first post instructions.

1) Make file-copies for StarCraft II/Mods/Liberty.SC2Mod/enGB.SC2Assets _AND MAYBE_ StarCraft II/Versions/Base/15405/patch-enGB.SC2Archive (if this file exists. I don't know, did Blizzard replaced announcer voice "We must place that on vespene geyser" to "On vespene geyser")

2) Download MPQ Editor

http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

3) Open enGB.SC2Assets and go to LocalizedData -> Sounds -> ZergUnitVO -> Queen. Select all sound files from downloaded archive (from eng or rus folders) and move them to MPQEditor's window with replacing original voice .ogg files. COnfirm replacement.

4) *If Blizzard added shorter reply about "place on vespene geyser", if not, miss this paragraph* Open StarCraft II/Versions/Base15405/patch-enGB.SC2Archive like you're opened previous archive and go in MPQEditor to folder Liberty.SC2Mod -> ruRU.SC2Assets -> LocalizedData -> Sounds -> ZergUnitVO -> Queen, where you must replace only ONE file - Alert_ZergPlaceOnVespeneGeyser.ogg

4) Confirm replacement and CLOSE MPQ EDITOR. If you didn't closed it, SC2 will have some problems

5) Start StarCraft 2 and play with Overmind's voice icon_smile.gif

P.S. If you want test new voices without changing game files, open voice .ogg-files in any media-player.

Click here to download this file

Good idea since the girls voice annoys me in my opinion