Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

SC2: Heart of the Swarm Release Date

. . .During an online Q&A session with Blizzard executive Greg Canessa may have accidentally leaked the release for the next expansion for Starcraft 2 entitled Heart of the Swarm, placing the release sometime in early 2012. The question was regarding updates to Battle.net which would allow users to share and broadcast replays of games and during his answer Canessa said:

"When discussing such future Battle.net features as trading replays, broadcasting replays, and upgrading profiles, he said they were "a main area of focus we're going to be seeing on the Starcraft [iI] side over the next 18 months between now and Heart of the Swarm."

Source 1

Source 2

Oh me gosh.. its way to early to get pumped for the next expansion... I am still no good at this one... But yea that seems about right. Looking at the World of warcraft release dates it follows ever 2 years. The real question that lies here is, will blizzard KEEP producing the other games like wow and diablo or is there main focus starcraft now?

Oh me gosh.. its way to early to get pumped for the next expansion... I am still no good at this one... But yea that seems about right. Looking at the World of warcraft release dates it follows ever 2 years. The real question that lies here is, will blizzard KEEP producing the other games like wow and diablo or is there main focus starcraft now?

I don't think they'll be making any new franchises anytime soon. After Cataclysm who knows what they'll do.. prolly another WoW expansion. Diablo III will be coming out eventually, and I have high hopes for getting a Beta key when I go to Blizzcon in a couple weeks, like they did for StarCraft 2. :3 And then after Legacy of the Void comes out (2014-15? o.o) will they release StarCraft 3? ONLY TIME WILL TELL!