Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft 2 Hack Programmers Sued

What gets me is they continued with these projects after FH was shut down. If that wasn't enough of a signal right there I don't know what is.

Perma and the rest of them got nothing to worry about as long as the Canada government protect them. However, nano351 was gonna get screwed if he didn't. All you gotta do is hide your online identity.

Get your facts straight.ermm.gif

LOL. I was actually going to post a question about whether it was okay to upload hacks to your site, and if a company could take action against you for distributing a non-profit hack to the public.

I wonder how all this is going to turn out. It would be pretty said if perma and zynaster ended up like that woman who got fined 1.9 million for downloading 24 songs.

What i find even more sad in all this is that some of you assholes are acting like "they had it coming". This show of sadistic glee at the possible imprisonment of others appalls me. They hacked on video games, they were not computer terrorists.

Now however they will probably be treated as if they were.

I wonder how all this is going to turn out. It would be pretty said if perma and zynaster ended up like that woman who got fined 1.9 million for downloading 24 songs.

What client did she use to download them?

I think it was ares from the picture, but the article doesnt say so i dont know.

I think it was ares from the picture, but the article doesnt say so i dont know.

I was about to say, because if she got pwned by using Limewire, that sucks. Everyone I know pretty much uses Limewire.

What i find even more sad in all this is that some of you assholes are acting like "they had it coming". This show of sadistic glee at the possible imprisonment of others appalls me. They hacked on video games, they were not computer terrorists.

Now however they will probably be treated as if they were.

see... That's the typical childish behavior that used to piss me off in jail.

I don't wish for them to go to jail. But they wont, they are merely being sued.

But if you do the crime, don't fucking cry when you are punished.

You say they were only hacking a game.. Well, it was in direct violation of the end user agreement. Not to mention, hackers drive legit players away.

I don't wish for anything bad on them. But I can almost guarantee they are gonna be fucked with about a million dollar debt.

Plutomic may have gotten a hard ass in time out, but he really missed out on the school time.

But hey it's the US sue everyone!

It truly pains me to see these people be made an example of. I hope that blizzard takes it easy on them (although i know they won't ) :(

Bleh Blizzard needs to take a chill pill. the fact their suing for this kind of annoys me. Just the fact it's mostly maphacks that are out. Maphacks... People can still get pwned if they use a maphack. If they found much larger exploits then I would understand, just tell them to stop making hacks and close off the download section.

Bleh Blizzard needs to take a chill pill. the fact their suing for this kind of annoys me. Just the fact it's mostly maphacks that are out. Maphacks... People can still get pwned if they use a maphack. If they found much larger exploits then I would understand, just tell them to stop making hacks and close off the download section.

I see what your point is. The issue here is that Blizzard is trying to make a statement, so they can scare off people from making more extensive programs/hacks. To make an example out of them. Just like the music industry tried to do with those handful of people they sued.

It's just like anything else. If you make something that takes a lot of time, effort, and funds to produce, you are going to try and protect it. They are doing what anyone else would do.

Yeah, I guess we're just used to SC1, D2, and W3 where they never gave a [serious] shit what we did. Taking it a bit personally, I guess. X_X

We just need World of Warcraft to be their main priority again

• Like 1

QFT. Take a 1 year or so break to crank out sequels and such, then return. :P

Quite fucking true i'm guessing? bit fuck heart of the swarm is a ways away as well.

Someone got sued for hacking World of Warcraft. Blizzard now know what they can pull, so now every game they make & release it is gonna have some type of ToU. Meaning they can give you a friendly C&D.

i have personally met Zynastor somewhere on the interweb, so that shits funny to me.

im telling you guys play legit untill diablo 3 comes out and you guys should be allot more safe. its not like you must hack, and if you MUST hack then your really just pathetic anyway.

i have personally met Zynastor somewhere on the interweb...

Immediate contradictions!

Ha, well we all know the dangers of using hacks. Just we have seemed to have forgotten about them. Especially during the brood war days.

Lol. I had to laugh when I read this. I mentioned just how screwed people where in this post right here, but everyone thinks they are invincible, and didn't believe me. Lol! rofl

Do also realize that whether or not those people being sued either win/loose the court-battles, they will still pay a huge price. The stress degrades your working ability, the time in courts either cuts into personal time or work time, and there are the costs of lawyers and court-fees too. Even if you win the court-battle, you have lost.

As always, none of my advice is not meant to replace that of an attorney's. Be sure to consult with an attorney for the best course of action.

Someone got sued for hacking World of Warcraft. Blizzard now know what they can pull, so now every game they make & release it is gonna have some type of ToU. Meaning they can give you a friendly C&D.

Yeah, WoWGlider. But that's the point, we want them to care about WoW not us. :X

That's true the amount of money you'd have to pay even if you win

I think she used Kazaa