Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

StarCraft 2 Hack Programmers Sued

Blizzard last week filed suit in the Los Angeles US District Court against three programmers, accusing them of creating and selling hacks for Starcraft II in violation of the end-user license agreement, Battle.net terms of use, and copyright law.

[...]

The three defendants named in the suit go by the handles "Permaphrost," "Cranix," and "Linuxawesome," with the former two residing in Canada and the latter in Peru. It's unclear what jurisdiction the court has over the accused, although Starcraft II's end-user license agreement specifically states that disputes would be decided by a court within Los Angeles County. Additionally, among the relief demanded by the developer is a requirement that the defendants pull their programs hosted anywhere within the court's jurisdiction. There are other allged hackers named in the suit--including "Wiggley," "Zynastor," and "Dark Mage," but Blizzard has not included their real identities in the suit.

[source]

This is the real deal. Linuxisawesome closed down his threads spread throughout the interwebz about his opensource project.. CraniX hasn't been heard from for a while.. that's good enough for me. It was predictable when Perma got shut down. It was saddening when Nano got shut down. But shit man, their cracking down on everyone. Dark Mage, Zynastor, CraniX, Linux... I wonder who's next. This is scary shit. this.gif

Edit:

[source 2]

Oh and I think CraniX will be fine.. he has a good lawyer and a great TOU agreement on his site, but who knows.

Edit 2:

Copy of the Lawsuit

Seems to be pretty legitimate.

Edit 3:

Original Source - Copy of Lawsuit

Nobody believed me when I said you'd eventually regret hacking.

This just makes it all the more real since I've actually seen and indirectly talked to two of the named, Perma and Zynastor o.0

Well I don't really regret it, although I bet they do. pinch.gif

But yeah, Zynastor was a prominent figurehead even in the SC1 and Brood War hacking scenes, scary stuffs. shok.gif

Blizzard last week filed suit in the Los Angeles US District Court against three programmers, accusing them of creating and selling hacks for Starcraft II in violation of the end-user license agreement, Battle.net terms of use, and copyright law.

[...]

The three defendants named in the suit go by the handles "Permaphrost," "Cranix," and "Linuxawesome," with the former two residing in Canada and the latter in Peru. It's unclear what jurisdiction the court has over the accused, although Starcraft II's end-user license agreement specifically states that disputes would be decided by a court within Los Angeles County. Additionally, among the relief demanded by the developer is a requirement that the defendants pull their programs hosted anywhere within the court's jurisdiction. There are other allged hackers named in the suit--including "Wiggley," "Zynastor," and "Dark Mage," but Blizzard has not included their real identities in the suit.

[source]

This is the real deal. Linuxisawesome closed down his threads spread throughout the interwebz about his opensource project.. CraniX hasn't been heard from for a while.. that's good enough for me. It was predictable when Perma got shut down. It was saddening when Nano got shut down. But shit man, their cracking down on everyone. Dark Mage, Zynastor, CraniX, Linux... I wonder who's next. This is scary shit. this.gif

You have it all wrong. All I am going to say is, it isn't CraniX fault. XGhozt I need you to please remove the things off this site (DX). CraniX hasn't been on msn in like 2-4 hours now. Sigh, I'm next.

Is it bad of me that I actually hella laughed when I saw this. Honestly I only feel bad for Perma, and alil bit for Dark Mage as both of them have always been mature and friendly about things. There is one name in particular that I laughed quite hard about; mainly because he always got a big dick when talkin about his hackin skillz and "Godliness" tease.gifhaha.gifyes2.gif

I wouldn't want XGhozt/Ghoztcraft to be involved with anything but again I could just be a bad person for thinking this but I think we should keep up Dew's hacks/indirectly promote them (unaffiliated with Ghoztcraft) yes.gif just because I dislike the selling hacks. lol.gifbye.gif

Oh, and of course to names mentioned: cookieQ.gif

Yeah... Perma, he's the best. >.> I hope he'll come out of it somewhat well....

You have it all wrong. All I am going to say is, it isn't CraniX fault.

I never saw him blame CraniX.

Scary shit

You have it all wrong. All I am going to say is, it isn't CraniX fault. XGhozt I need you to please remove the things off this site (DX). CraniX hasn't been on msn in like 2-4 hours now. Sigh, I'm next.

lolwut

Perma just stole CraniX map hack offset. That is how his users got detected.

I'm so safe :P. Also CraniX will be safe. Blizzard broke his TOU. I think he can sue them for that. I'm not gonna tell CraniX business but he is gonna keep releasing his shi*.

I Think we should stop/chill out a while in general with starcraft hacks. Detected or not. I guess that is ghozt's decision but you never know what might happen? People might give out our website or one of us might be caught.

On a side note: LOL one of his user names was matt cooper... If people dont know thats ruler of wars name ^.^.

What gets me is they continued with these projects after FH was shut down. If that wasn't enough of a signal right there I don't know what is.

What gets me is they continued with these projects after FH was shut down. If that wasn't enough of a signal right there I don't know what is.

Perma and the rest of them got nothing to worry about as long as the Canada government protect them. However, nano351 was gonna get screwed if he didn't. All you gotta do is hide your online identity.

We ghozts? Is XGhozt our father ?who's our mom? Poply? anyway i never thought this would happen... I miss poply

I love Blizzard.

Blizzard act cool but really they have huge black dildo's stuck up their ass

Takes one to know one

• Downvote 1

Blizzard knows about ValiantChaos hack cause they detected it with Warden. ValiantChaos work with (or used to) Blizzard so that may be a reason why he all of a sudden stopped updating his hack when the new patch came out, then Blizzard sues hackers. Nano got a C&D and he wasn't even selling his hack. Nor was linuxisawesome. Blizzard has shown proof they was watching gamethreat.net as soon as they released StarCraft II. They quoted the first post GameThreat staff made about the SC2 hacks. If they got all the good hackers there, how come not ValiantChaos?

Thanks for the information, Dew. In other news, Gamethreat took down their SC2 hacking downloads section. Looks like someone got scared.rolleyes.gif

http://www.gamethrea...ds-removed.html

LOL yeah that's pretty funny, especially how that particular member I was talking about got another big dick and boasted how it was a nice try by Blizzard but that it wouldn't "stop development" ? huh.gif Hmm I guess technically this doesn't. They could still develop hacks and upload them elsewhere but it sure stops development on their own website in which said person acted so tough for. bb2.gif Where did that big dick go? rofl.gifbye.giffuck.gif

Perma and the rest of them got nothing to worry about as long as the Canada government protect them. However, nano351 was gonna get screwed if he didn't. All you gotta do is hide your online identity.

That is so ignorant and untrue that I don't even know where to begin.

cookieQ.gif for the no longer hacking website? 31056.gif

Yeah, people are finally starting to realize that creating hacks for current games is not longer a game, or a joke. I feel bad for the guys who didn't really realize this, but that is the risk you take creating any mod or hack that alters a widely popular program/game.

I can guarantee in this sort of situation the accused can expect no protection from the Canadian government in a civil case. The only hope they have is if they can afford very expensive lawyers.

When companies get a bug up their ass about shit like this, there is no stopping them. Remember the lady in Minnesota that had a multi million dollar judgment against her for only getting caught sharing 24 songs? 1.9 million...... Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads - CNN

Just think of the damages that Blizzard can come up with with their Army of lawyers in a situation like this.