Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

BlizzCon Updates

Hello, Ghoztcraft. The following is all of the information and updates regarding SC2 (And a little Diablo) which I gleaned from BlizzCon. Some of it is from other sources, but most is my personal experience. Enjoy.

---

League Icon Improvements

Your league icon improves in quality as you move up in your league. I think is going to be similar to the achievement section of your character page. This will occur during the next feature patch, probably.

Profile Page Improvements

Updated page that includes more information and the top eight players in each division will get a special banner at the top of their page showing off their placement. This will occur during the next feature patch, probably.

Season 2 Incoming

As most of you know, StarCraft 2 have ladder 'seasons' much like it's other games. The matchmaking system will not reset and you will only have to play one game to be placed in a new league. You get to keep your old ELO/MMR but your win/loss ratio will be reset. Date of new season will be announced soon.

New 'Masters' and 'Grand Masters' League

Masters- Top 5% of diamond. Each league gets their own icon.

Grand masters- Top 200 players in each region.

This will occur during the next feature patch, probably.

Replays, Chat Channels, and Clans

You heard correctly! I attended the Multiplayer Discussion Panel and was able to ask Dustin Browder a couple questions after the show. He said that they are working on integrating the ability to host replays with others and chat channels will be implemented. He told me to not get my hopes up for an update coming tommorow, or the next day, however. Dustin said that these much wanted features will come by the end of the year.

New StarCraft 2 Mods/Custom Maps

Left 2 Die - Co-op fortress defense from zombies, 'special' infected included, much like Left 4 Dead.

Blizzard DOTA - Blizzards take on the popular Warcraft 3 custom game for StarCraft 2. Team tower defence; 5v5.

StarJeweled - Bejeweled, StarCraft 2 style. Color combinations create certain units, defeat your enemy (human or computer) with these combos.

Auir Chef - Your a Zealot. You kill stuff, pick up the items dropped and cook to get points and bonus powers. Person with the most points after 3 rounds of 5 minutes each, wins.

Another event they showcased there was King of the Hill which was basically 1v1 melee versus BlizzCon attendees. Win 3 in a row and you got a sick Kerrigan poster (Pre-infestation ;D) I tried twice, got 3 in the row my first try, but lost the last match my second try. cookieQ.gif

These will be released whenever Blizzard feels they are good enough. They got extensive feedback/statistics from the demo at BlizzCon, so expect these to be released soon.

Map Editor

Map tracking feature. Units can track your mouse and/or move around on the W,A,S,D buttons. :D This will occur during the next feature patch, probably.

Playing Offline, Data Transferred Online - No Authentication

"That's definitely a possibility, and we'll take it as feedback [...]it would be easy to hack achievements like that[...] But it's a possibility." ~Dustin Browder

..Cuz it's totally not easy to hack achievements online, right?

Stimmed Marauder Nerfed?

Yea- no. It turns out they actually aren't doing enough increased speed/damage while stimmed to pay for it. If anything, stimmed marines will be nerfed. shok.gif

Customizable Keys

According to Dustin, it's takes a hell of a time to code this in. He said he wanted to release SC2 first rather than delay it even more for this feature. When asked when this will be available, he said around the release of Heart of the Swarm. Also:

"Once keybinding customization becomes available, you will be given the option to specify a separate hotkey for a supply depot's Raise and Lower abilities, as well as the Burrow and Unburrow abilities on several zerg units. We're still looking into opening up bindings for the the mouse wheel (both the scroll and on-click functions), too, but don't have any further information to share about that option at this time."

Diablo 3 Beta

1000 attendees (Out of about 20k) will be randomly selected for the Diablo 3 Beta. They will be notified by email when the beta is released and if they got a key.

Grafitti Wall

[i'm planning on editing in some pictures of the Grafitti Wall they had, and some more information about it.]

Loot/Goodie Bag

I would make my own Goodie Bag vid, but I'm lazy and comon.. everyone loves Husky. :D

HuskyStarCraft's Goodie Bag Opening Video

As for my loot.. I got a:

-T-Shirt with the Protoss Symbol on it

-the BlizzCon 2010 official T-shirt

-an NVidia Beanie they threw into the crowd at one point

-a Tychus Findlay mousepad

-a massive 'Key Art' poster

-a Kerri poster (From KotH)

-HuskyStarCraft's signature

-HDStarCraft's signature

-PsyStarCraft's signature

-and Dustin Browder's signature on the Jim Raynor pad of paper from the SC2 box. :D

I'll take pics of all of this and edit it in.

So Long and Thanks for All The Fish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oWr9KezQt0

I wish they shared the one that was at the closing ceremony, it was a lot better. pinch.gif

---

Anywho, this years BlizzCon was a ton of fun, definitely going next year. If you have any questions about it that I didn't answer with this topic, feel free to ask - I probably know (As long as it's related to BlizzCon and the Diablo/StarCraft section. Sorry, didn't touch the WarCraft section. :P). Bai!

bye.gif

Good post ghoztman but when will this happen?

Please define 'this'. There are a lot of 'this' s in that post, lol.

Also, edited in Loot section. I made the date things would be happening in italics, and added the date for things that I forgot before.

Ha all of the above, mostly the new starcraft patch

Ha all of the above, mostly the new starcraft patch

All of the above isn't a valid answer. All of the dates/times when things will be released is already there. Please read the whole post. :(

As for the new feature patch:

Soon™

Again Soon=BS

Again Soon=BS

Welcome to Blizzard Entertainment. cookieQ.gif

At least you know what will happen and what's planned.sweat.gif

It'' be interesting how fast people are gonna rush for ladder once the new season starts. I predict more Gold+players

BlizzCon 2010 has come to a close! We were thrilled to have thousands of people joining us in Anaheim, CA this weekend, as well as the more than 100,000 people in over 100 countries watching live online and via DIRECTV. Check out some of the show highlights linked below.

Opening Ceremony Highlights: BlizzCon Opening Ceremony Highlights - Forums - StarCraft II

All-New Blizzard Custom Maps Featured at BlizzCon 2010: All-New Blizzard Custom Maps Featured at BlizzCon 2010 - StarCraft II

StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor Panel: StarCraft II Custom Maps and Editor Panel - StarCraft II

StarCraft II Secrets of the Masters: StarCraft II Secrets of the Masters - StarCraft II

StarCraft II Invitational Tournament and Showmatch - Day 1 Recap: StarCraft II Invitational Tournament and Showmatch - Day 1 Recap - StarCraft II

StarCraft II Multiplayer Panel: BlizzCon 2010 Panel: StarCraft II Multiplayer - StarCraft II

StarCraft II Art Panel: StarCraft II Art Panel - StarCraft II

BlizzCon 2010 Sound Panel: BlizzCon 2010 Sound Panel - StarCraft II

StarCraft II Invitational Tournament - Day 2 Recap: StarCraft II Invitational Tournament - Day 2 Recap - StarCraft II

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish Feasts: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish Feasts - Forums - StarCraft II

BlizzCon 2010 Highlight Reel: BlizzCon 2010 Highlight Reel - StarCraft II

To see the official BlizzCon 2010 photo gallery and find more information on panels, tournaments, and other events, be sure to visit BlizzCon 2010

Source

:D

Also:

StarCraft 2 Invitational Replay Pack

Yeah BlizzCon was awesome, I just wish less people went, it was a clusterfuck.

I hope I get a D3 Beta key :spiteful:

Yeah BlizzCon was awesome, I just wish less people went, it was a clusterfuck.

I hope I get a D3 Beta key :spiteful:

Yeah, it sure was epic. Over 20k people attended. o.0

I keep telling myself I'm going to go one of these times.