Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Want to help work on a video game?

Hello all, I've come here looking for assistance in one of my latest projects: Creating a simple vertical scrolling video game.

You've seen them before, those little arcade classics that let you shoot enemies, collect power ups, and shoot more enemies with better weapons. Now I need your help in creating one!

Currently my main issue is creating sprites and artwork for this game. It helps to see exactly what stuff looks like in the game. Once I start to get more sprite work done, it'll be easier to add in more stuff. Here's an example of some of the artwork I've done. As you can see, there's room for improvement, as well as better artists. If you're interested, please post here or contact me.

Your ship: jet_00.gif

I started this project because I had created a more lightweight version of space invaders while conducting field ops last month, using ASCII characters as units, and weapons. Now I intend to go full scale with this game with actual graphics and, once we get artwork done, sound effects.

Wow I'm sorry but I couldn't help you on this because I'm really interested. This sounds so fun and I think if we had it in our arcade it could lead to some pretty fun moments.

This game could potentially be connected to the arcade via MySQL tracking, however that wouldn't stop people from cheating the system. It's a great learning opportunity in working together to develop a game, much like how it's done in a real-world situation.

Most games are split into three sections, the management/storyline section, graphics and models, and then the programming and game engine design section. This is a simple arcade game so it doesn't really need the management section, and it needs no storyline. It does need a great deal of artwork, and the programming aspect I've already got set down. I'm just working on the game's engine, but so far it displays things rather nicely.

Your best bet for the graphics portion of the game would be to talk to bounder.... or Zar... hes been lurking around some... but i don't think he really has time to do a bunch of graphic editing so bounder would be your best bet.

I sent Bounder a PM to which he has still not replied. That was why I made this thread. From the looks of it, no one here wants to do anything interesting.

I would like to help! I could possibly help zar/bounder with the graphics stuff? There isn't much more I can do. :/

I got projectiles/bullets working. I'm about to start adding in smoke trails as effects for the projectiles I've created.